Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TABUNTU] Galaxy Tab 10.1 NATIVE Ubuntu WIFI now with a video

Tip us?

poitee
Old
(Last edited by poitee; 29th July 2011 at 06:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default [TABUNTU] Galaxy Tab 10.1 NATIVE Ubuntu WIFI now with a video

Smh the youtube function hates me... click HERE to watch the video...

Touchscreen not working right as of yet... I strongly suggest a USB mouse and Keyboard for this... Touchscreen is pretty much unusable at this time. I would appreciate any help that can be offered.

First start off downloading THIS. It is the ROOTFS.. first off it needs to have the /etc/fstab edited properly to include / as mmcblk0p11 instead of 13... I know I know... This is a work in progress....

Next download THIS... Contains the ubuntu kernel and boot information.. the boot.img and system.img are for your stock ANDROID rom of choice.. just extract the IMG's out of the roms and place them in the folder..

Download THIS and place it in the directory you extracted the above files to.

ADB does work.. and you can ADB into your tab.. I have not created Windows directions yet.. but you can pretty much run the same commands...

I AM NOT TO BLAME FOR ANYTHING! This REPARTITIONS your device and ERASES EVERYTHING... you must do a FULL ODIN to restore to STOCK.... I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device.

remember to chmod +x nvflash and the script...

And wait......... It takes about 20 minutes to flash everything... be patient..

When it is done flashing boot up like you were going to go into CWM recovery... Your recovery is now your linux boot image.. You can use NVFlash to flash back CWM to apply whatever and just flash the linux.img back to partition 8 to get ubuntu back..

Thanks again to LilStevie.. without him this would not be possible...

my github code is availabe here.

If you would like to donate for my work and to the OMFGB/OMGB build box which I own and run click HERE

I'll pretty this up when I have a free minute...
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to poitee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BlueGoldAce
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Will this work if one has a locked bootloader?

PhantomHacker
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6444
Nice work, Poitee.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 via Tapatalk
Please do not PM me, if you have a question ask it in the proper thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomHacker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poitee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Hmph.. I would have thought more interest would have been shown in this... Should I continue development???? The asus guys love ubuntu on there tabs..... you guys let me know..
The Following User Says Thank You to poitee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poitee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
Will this work if one has a locked bootloader?
I don't have much experience with the locked bootloader SGT's... Im sorry I can't answer your question...
The Following User Says Thank You to poitee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

task650
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 47265

DONATE TO ME
I'm sure there's tons of interest. These tab 10.1 threads seem so slow at times. a lot different then I'm used to. I'd keep goin with it bro. its gonna be sweet.

rob61280
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by poitee View Post
Hmph.. I would have thought more interest would have been shown in this... Should I continue development???? The asus guys love ubuntu on there tabs..... you guys let me know..
This would derinately be useful to me, even more so if it could be dual booted, although I suspect my locked bootloader could be a stumbling block. Thanks for the effort you've put in so far.

R
N5 & N7(2013) CM11 or Stock Rooted

poitee
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob61280 View Post
This would derinately be useful to me, even more so if it could be dual booted, although I suspect my locked bootloader could be a stumbling block. Thanks for the effort you've put in so far.

R
It does dual boot... what it does is make your recovery partition your boot partition for ubuntu..

as far as locked bootloader... Im not sure..

anilkuj
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by poitee View Post
yes please definitely interested in getting a version which fully works with the touch screen , that would be awesome!!

dsh897
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Of course were interested. Stop slacking and get past an alpha stage to a bets stage so we can all play.

Goodwork