5,597,354 Members 32,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Gingerbread - bugs

Tip us?

rockvoid
Old
(Last edited by rockvoid; 1st August 2011 at 11:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
Default LG Gingerbread - bugs

just want to say that LGīs Gingerbread release (v20c, v20g, v20e,...) is biggest sh... ever!

- ugly, unaligned icons in statusbar
- very bad battery life -> phone doesnīt sleep very well (itīs always active - so battery life is bad)
- sluggish menus
- problems with proximity sensor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAmMgh0uY8)
- first 2~3 seconds of a call the microphone doesnīt work
- apps which use files on SD-Card and need read&write privileges most probably crash

madalin_cristea
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The same problem for me but after i rooted the phone seem is better, at leat with the batery.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

lekhwani
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockvoid View Post
just want to say that LGīs Gingerbread release (v20c, v20g, v20e,...) is biggest **** ever!

- ugly, unaligned icons in statusbar
- very bad battery life -> phone doesnīt sleep very well (itīs always active - so battery life is bad)
- sluggish menus
- some people have problems with proximity sensor
- first 2~3 seconds of a call the microphone doesnīt work
- some people say that apps with external files like dictionary-apps crash

shame on you LG!
LG gb is a disaster. But I benefitted accidently and immensely from it. Lol. I got libbundlewrapper.so file for audio effects. Lol, I could have had this file from any gb rom in the android universe.

My cm7 is now complete with this file and I am enjoying cm7.
Top notch music, rocket speed, visually satisfying theming, excellent 3d, useful cm settings, internet. That's what I need. And, CM has it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to lekhwani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

naturist
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekhwani View Post
LG gb is a disaster. But I benefitted accidently and immensely from it. Lol. I got libbundlewrapper.so file for audio effects. Lol, I could have had this file from any gb rom in the android universe.

Top notch music, rocket speed, visually satisfying theming, excellent 3d, useful cm settings, internet. That's what I need. And, CM has it all.
LOL We should thank LG for atleast providing us such files, and already thank given to you for the idea of those files.

Somehow I feel you cant expect much from a low end phone but as devs say LG is **** with software development.

rockvoid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100
LGīs 2.2.2 was ok, but 2.3.3 is pure ****...

i donīt understand why they released it (everything is worse than in 2.2.2).
...unbelievable.

s0ul74k3r
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekhwani View Post

Can you tell what does that file do ?? Does it enhance sound quality ?? can u throw some light over this please and probably provide us the file as well if its usefull.

lekhwani
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ul74k3r View Post
Can you tell what does that file do ?? Does it enhance sound quality ?? can u throw some light over this please and probably provide us the file as well if its usefull.
Read this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1167080

DaXmax
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 10020
Waitin the best improved update on september wich is the asia version of tis gb... Bt nw cm7 is the best though...

Sent from my LG P500 with Franco(25/7) n testing Paolo's v5 using Xda premium app

KiLLuCHuN
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hahaha, it's pretty good other ppl concerns too about the bugs!

I actually tried to made the list... you are missing the Mic bug I've added in my other post

Extending the item refereed to apps crashing...
I've been trying a few apps that before worked fine, and now it doesn't.
I contacted the devs of one of the apps, which kindly told me it was a problem with my phone because of this error... (taken from the error report)

Code:
"attempt to write a readonly database"
So, any app which uses files in SD and need read&write privileges, most probably it wont work

DaXmax
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 10020
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLuCHuN View Post
Hahaha, it's pretty good other ppl concerns too about the bugs!

I actually tried to made the list... you are missing the Mic bug I've added in my other post

Extending the item refereed to apps crashing...
I've been trying a few apps that before worked fine, and now it doesn't.
I contacted the devs of one of the apps, which kindly told me it was a problem with my phone because of this error... (taken from the error report)

Code:
"attempt to write a readonly database"
So, any app which uses files in SD and need read&write privileges, most probably it wont work
Woah! I tink dat wont happen wen ciaox release v2

Sent from my LG P500 with Franco(25/7) n testing Paolo's v5 using Xda premium app