Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

LG Gingerbread - bugs

OP rockvoid

28th July 2011, 07:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
just want to say that LGīs Gingerbread release (v20c, v20g, v20e,...) is biggest sh... ever!


- ugly, unaligned icons in statusbar
- very bad battery life -> phone doesnīt sleep very well (itīs always active - so battery life is bad)
- sluggish menus
- problems with proximity sensor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAmMgh0uY8)
- first 2~3 seconds of a call the microphone doesnīt work
- apps which use files on SD-Card and need read&write privileges most probably crash
Last edited by rockvoid; 1st August 2011 at 12:11 PM.
28th July 2011, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Popesti-Leordeni
Thanks Meter: 4
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
The same problem for me but after i rooted the phone seem is better, at leat with the batery.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
28th July 2011, 01:04 PM   |  #3  
lekhwani's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 259
 
1,776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockvoid

just want to say that LGīs Gingerbread release (v20c, v20g, v20e,...) is biggest **** ever!


- ugly, unaligned icons in statusbar
- very bad battery life -> phone doesnīt sleep very well (itīs always active - so battery life is bad)
- sluggish menus
- some people have problems with proximity sensor
- first 2~3 seconds of a call the microphone doesnīt work
- some people say that apps with external files like dictionary-apps crash


shame on you LG!

LG gb is a disaster. But I benefitted accidently and immensely from it. Lol. I got libbundlewrapper.so file for audio effects. Lol, I could have had this file from any gb rom in the android universe.

My cm7 is now complete with this file and I am enjoying cm7.
Top notch music, rocket speed, visually satisfying theming, excellent 3d, useful cm settings, internet. That's what I need. And, CM has it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to lekhwani For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2011, 01:33 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 750
 
1,212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekhwani

LG gb is a disaster. But I benefitted accidently and immensely from it. Lol. I got libbundlewrapper.so file for audio effects. Lol, I could have had this file from any gb rom in the android universe.

My cm7 is now complete with this file and I am enjoying cm7.
Top notch music, rocket speed, visually satisfying theming, excellent 3d, useful cm settings, internet. That's what I need. And, CM has it all.

LOL We should thank LG for atleast providing us such files, and already thank given to you for the idea of those files.

Somehow I feel you cant expect much from a low end phone but as devs say LG is **** with software development.
28th July 2011, 01:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
LGīs 2.2.2 was ok, but 2.3.3 is pure ****...

i donīt understand why they released it (everything is worse than in 2.2.2).
...unbelievable.
28th July 2011, 04:34 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekhwani

LG gb is a disaster. But I benefitted accidently and immensely from it. Lol. I got libbundlewrapper.so file for audio effects. Lol, I could have had this file from any gb rom in the android universe.

My cm7 is now complete with this file and I am enjoying cm7.
Top notch music, rocket speed, visually satisfying theming, excellent 3d, useful cm settings, internet. That's what I need. And, CM has it all.

Can you tell what does that file do ?? Does it enhance sound quality ?? can u throw some light over this please and probably provide us the file as well if its usefull.
28th July 2011, 07:00 PM   |  #7  
lekhwani's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 259
 
1,776 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ul74k3r

Can you tell what does that file do ?? Does it enhance sound quality ?? can u throw some light over this please and probably provide us the file as well if its usefull.

Read this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1167080
28th July 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #8  
DaXmax's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
10,693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Waitin the best improved update on september wich is the asia version of tis gb... Bt nw cm7 is the best though...

Sent from my LG P500 with Franco(25/7) n testing Paolo's v5 using Xda premium app
28th July 2011, 10:25 PM   |  #9  
KiLLuCHuN's Avatar
Member
Flag Antofagasta
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Hahaha, it's pretty good other ppl concerns too about the bugs!

I actually tried to made the list... you are missing the Mic bug I've added in my other post

Extending the item refereed to apps crashing...
I've been trying a few apps that before worked fine, and now it doesn't.
I contacted the devs of one of the apps, which kindly told me it was a problem with my phone because of this error... (taken from the error report)

Code:
"attempt to write a readonly database"
So, any app which uses files in SD and need read&write privileges, most probably it wont work
28th July 2011, 11:50 PM   |  #10  
DaXmax's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
10,693 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLuCHuN

Hahaha, it's pretty good other ppl concerns too about the bugs!

I actually tried to made the list... you are missing the Mic bug I've added in my other post

Extending the item refereed to apps crashing...
I've been trying a few apps that before worked fine, and now it doesn't.
I contacted the devs of one of the apps, which kindly told me it was a problem with my phone because of this error... (taken from the error report)

Code:
"attempt to write a readonly database"
So, any app which uses files in SD and need read&write privileges, most probably it wont work

Woah! I tink dat wont happen wen ciaox release v2

Sent from my LG P500 with Franco(25/7) n testing Paolo's v5 using Xda premium app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes