General Chat! All XDA'ers Welcomed!

OP Mr Patchy Patch

4th March 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #3731  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 291

765 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gingerbread Man

Awesome man you gonna go for stock rom rooted or custom rom? Also, if you want to root it you have to first unlock the boot loader which wipes the entire device so back up any thing you want on a PC. Another thing I recommend is mskip galaxy nexus tool kit (makes life much easier, its like the flash tool) and youl find in the Android development sticky section

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Done all that after about three hours ahahaha. I'm gonna wait till next weekend and then I'm gonna throw AOKP and Franco Kernel on it.

After one day of use I'm extremely impressed with it. The screen is gorgeous, and the LED is super bright (I use the torch a lot). Face unlock is working nicely and the onscreen buttons are a nice change. I think one of the nicest things about it is that I can hear people clearly, and they can hear me clearly as well in a call, I mean compared to the x10... Now I just need to get a case and a screen protector for it, haha.
4th March 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #3732  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,901

8,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty666

Done all that after about three hours ahahaha. I'm gonna wait till next weekend and then I'm gonna throw AOKP and Franco Kernel on it.

After one day of use I'm extremely impressed with it. The screen is gorgeous, and the LED is super bright (I use the torch a lot). Face unlock is working nicely and the onscreen buttons are a nice change. I think one of the nicest things about it is that I can hear people clearly, and they can hear me clearly as well in a call, I mean compared to the x10... Now I just need to get a case and a screen protector for it, haha.

Cool sounds like your doing great! for your case head here http://www.cruzerlite.com/For-Samsun...g/b/3325480011 iv got 3 on order, a black one, a clear one and a teal / turquoise one. The ones I ordered have Andy the Android on the back. Lots of people saying good things about them, got a thread here on xda too and they guy who designs them is a member here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1456405

4th March 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #3733  
Thanks Meter: 961

4,097 posts
Quote:

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday dear Frosty,
Happy birthday to meeee

Sent from my Snapdragon.

My bday yesterday too. Word of advice. Never work too hard on your bday. Reminds you next day you're starting to get older.

Sent from my Nexus in Texas.
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #3734  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 797

1,524 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

My bday yesterday too. Word of advice. Never work too hard on your bday. Reminds you next day you're starting to get older.

Happy birthday for yesterday @rbiter.... hope you had a good one (apart from the work)

Sent from my X10 using xda premium
5th March 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #3735  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
So frosty, can you take some pics and videos with the new phone when you go to the slipknot concert? I would like to see the gnex in real action.

Sent from my Atrix with XDA Premium App
5th March 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #3736  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 291

765 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voelker45

So frosty, can you take some pics and videos with the new phone when you go to the slipknot concert? I would like to see the gnex in real action.

Sent from my Atrix with XDA Premium App

Ahaha no way am I taking my shiny new Nexus to Slipknot. I took my mums old Moto Razr. Slipknot was amazing. Just... amazing.

Oh and I have to send my nexus back to Samsung because of screen issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
5th March 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #3737  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 372

2,099 posts
More
Quote:

Ahaha no way am I taking my shiny new Nexus to Slipknot. I took my mums old Moto Razr. Slipknot was amazing. Just... amazing.

Oh and I have to send my nexus back to Samsung because of screen issues

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oh bummer to both things. What's up with the screen? Is it a common issue?

Sent from my ATRIX using the Premium XDA App
5th March 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #3738  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,901

8,016 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voelker45

Oh bummer to both things. What's up with the screen? Is it a common issue?

Sent from my ATRIX using the Premium XDA App

Yeah lot's of people complain about their screen, there's quite a few threads about people saying they have random lines, dead pixels and various tints of colour on the display...

The Following User Says Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 01:02 AM   |  #3739  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 185

523 posts
More
Word up everyone!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
6th March 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #3740  
Thanks Meter: 961

4,097 posts
What up!

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
can't stop laughing, censorship in xda, colossus is innocent, colossus warned us, duh, everyone is innocent :p, iridaki is awesome you are just jealous is all, iridaki is innocent too, jelly, jellybean, removed tags, winking colussus
Previous Thread Next Thread