Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,794 Members 44,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Froyobread | v023f(remade) | 04/08/2011 (Mini Pro)

Tip us?

norrie2204
Old
Thanks Meter 25
im also having problems installing google maps,,get the package wasnt signed properly message,,can someone help as maps is the most important app i use...thanks to all who make this possible

Carpe-Dimi
Old
(Last edited by Carpe-Dimi; 30th July 2011 at 04:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 177
This keeps getting better and better
thanks so much for all the efforts put in!

google maps/street/navigation works for me btw (freshly downloaded off the market)

just rebooting into cwm from the menu doesn't acually work, and landscape mode lockscreen i noticed doesn't fit our screen.
these are just aestethic issues tho (and can solve reboot one by turning off confirmation prompt in cm settings anyways )

Also, the rotary slider still hides the number of whoever is calling

but otherwise, awesome work <3

FrankBullitt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrie2204 View Post
im also having problems installing google maps,,get the package wasnt signed properly message,,can someone help as maps is the most important app i use...thanks to all who make this possible
yep, just noticed I'm also unable to install/upgrade Maps from Market (same error).

well, 5.7.0 is a perfectly stable and working version for me, so I'll stick with it.

belovits
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I had a similar problem with gmail.
I can't guarantee that the method I did will work for you, so please make a backup of your maps apk first.

First wipe data in settings/applications. If this doesn't work then wipe data in titanium backup and uninstall maps from there.
Then you need to reboot your phone.

After the reboot you should be able to install the new maps fro m market. If it was successful pls confirm

norrie2204
Old
Thanks Meter 25
tried wiping and deleted through titanium still cant install maps i get message instalation unsucsessful then i get message installation error unknown reason- 8
never seen that b4,,thanks for trying to help

belovits
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
tried wiping and deleted through titanium still cant install maps i get message instalation unsucsessful then i get message installation error unknown reason- 8
never seen that b4,,thanks for trying to help
Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Carpe-Dimi
Old
Thanks Meter 177
kind of a brute-force method to install it is to use adb to push the maps.apk file directly into your phone's /system/app folder

norrie2204
Old
Thanks Meter 25
yeah i uninstalled,,i even tried the root explorer method with permissions but after reboot maps had totally dissappeared,,i go back with andread or cyanocomb which are both awsome till this fixed,,its the fully working camera on this rom i like...
thanks again for all help given

FrankBullitt
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovits View Post
I had a similar problem with gmail.
I can't guarantee that the method I did will work for you, so please make a backup of your maps apk first.

First wipe data in settings/applications. If this doesn't work then wipe data in titanium backup and uninstall maps from there.
Then you need to reboot your phone.

After the reboot you should be able to install the new maps fro m market. If it was successful pls confirm
I tried the Tiyanium method but I think I didnt reboot before trying to install... I'll try it again later tonight.

Cheers.

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

kormatoes
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,888

DONATE TO ME
Yes but did you wipe after you flashed the rom cod reboot -that will happen when you dont wipe

Tags
xda