Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Froyobread | v023f(remade) | 04/08/2011 (Mini Pro)

OP stelios97

30th July 2011, 01:22 PM   |  #171  
Flag Renton...Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 25

147 posts
More
im also having problems installing google maps,,get the package wasnt signed properly message,,can someone help as maps is the most important app i use...thanks to all who make this possible
30th July 2011, 02:02 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 177

403 posts
More
This keeps getting better and better
thanks so much for all the efforts put in!

google maps/street/navigation works for me btw (freshly downloaded off the market)

just rebooting into cwm from the menu doesn't acually work, and landscape mode lockscreen i noticed doesn't fit our screen.
these are just aestethic issues tho (and can solve reboot one by turning off confirmation prompt in cm settings anyways )

Also, the rotary slider still hides the number of whoever is calling

but otherwise, awesome work <3
Last edited by Carpe-Dimi; 30th July 2011 at 05:00 PM.
30th July 2011, 03:26 PM   |  #173  
Flag Mafra, Portugal
Thanks Meter: 242

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrie2204

im also having problems installing google maps,,get the package wasnt signed properly message,,can someone help as maps is the most important app i use...thanks to all who make this possible

yep, just noticed I'm also unable to install/upgrade Maps from Market (same error).

well, 5.7.0 is a perfectly stable and working version for me, so I'll stick with it.
30th July 2011, 03:53 PM   |  #174  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
Quote:

I had a similar problem with gmail.
I can't guarantee that the method I did will work for you, so please make a backup of your maps apk first.

First wipe data in settings/applications. If this doesn't work then wipe data in titanium backup and uninstall maps from there.
Then you need to reboot your phone.

After the reboot you should be able to install the new maps fro m market. If it was successful pls confirm
30th July 2011, 04:52 PM   |  #175  
Flag Renton...Glasgow

147 posts
More
tried wiping and deleted through titanium still cant install maps i get message instalation unsucsessful then i get message installation error unknown reason- 8
never seen that b4,,thanks for trying to help
30th July 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #176  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:

tried wiping and deleted through titanium still cant install maps i get message instalation unsucsessful then i get message installation error unknown reason- 8
never seen that b4,,thanks for trying to help

Did you reboot after uninstalling?
30th July 2011, 06:01 PM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 177

403 posts
More
kind of a brute-force method to install it is to use adb to push the maps.apk file directly into your phone's /system/app folder
30th July 2011, 06:15 PM   |  #178  
Flag Renton...Glasgow

147 posts
More
yeah i uninstalled,,i even tried the root explorer method with permissions but after reboot maps had totally dissappeared,,i go back with andread or cyanocomb which are both awsome till this fixed,,its the fully working camera on this rom i like...
thanks again for all help given
30th July 2011, 06:39 PM   |  #179  
Flag Mafra, Portugal
Thanks Meter: 242

281 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovits

I had a similar problem with gmail.
I can't guarantee that the method I did will work for you, so please make a backup of your maps apk first.

First wipe data in settings/applications. If this doesn't work then wipe data in titanium backup and uninstall maps from there.
Then you need to reboot your phone.

After the reboot you should be able to install the new maps fro m market. If it was successful pls confirm

I tried the Tiyanium method but I think I didnt reboot before trying to install... I'll try it again later tonight.

Cheers.

Sent from my U20i using XDA App
30th July 2011, 06:40 PM   |  #180  
Recognized Contributor
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 3,895

4,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes but did you wipe after you flashed the rom cod reboot -that will happen when you dont wipe

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xda
Previous Thread Next Thread