Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Challenge] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to 50 MAX.

Tip us?

bundi22
Old
Thanks Meter 53
the best in ear headphones are sennheiser cx300-ii. they are SO FKN clear and the bass is excellent, no distortion whatsoever. comine this with voodoo sound and the right poweramp eq, it is the best sound quality i have heard through headphones. they also fit in ear perfectly and never fall out.

AndrolinRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 2118

DONATE TO ME
Buy Samsung Mdr, I have they,too, and I must say they are amazing
in Germany you can buy them for ~35 Euro

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackpig View Post
Earphones:
The best sound for the dollar, I've found, are Yuin PK3 earphones. Cheap. Buy 2 or 3 pairs and you'll never be stuck for reasonable sound. The sound is direct and detailed. They dont sound like cheap earphones. Earphones are easy to put in and take out - great for quickly checking sound, on location, when we're shooting video...
I now have a set of Yuin PK3's...actually got them to use while trying to get pieces to mod the portapros so I can wear them longer than 15 mminutes.

The Yuins are downright good. My only negative comment is that the plug strain relief is plainly inadequate. It is thin and short. I have a tablet with a jack that really holds onto the inserted plug, and it requires EXTREME care to remove the Yuin plug. There is just not enough there to hold on to, and it is very easy for your grip to slide down onto the wire while pulling it out.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

Marshy919
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by milpan View Post
JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!
10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
Rubber protectors for body durability
Superior sound isolation
Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
Special hard carrying case included
S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
iPod, iphone and iPad compatible
Just ordered myself a pair for $28 delivered off eBay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Bo0bz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I will vote for the Sennheiser CX400-II Precision. They are pretty cheep. 29,95 in sale and sound decent. Comes with 6 rubber eartips, a clothingclip, pouch and cablewinder.

Specs:
Frequency response (headphones):17 - 22000 Hz
Impedance: 16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL):114 dB
Jack plug: 3.5 mm (angled)
Cable length:1.2 m
Transducer principle: Dynamic

mauk
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy919 View Post
Just ordered myself a pair for $28 delivered off eBay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
I have a pair of these and all that I can say is.... holly s.....so good job you did

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Xperia x10i
Rom: it's all about TripNRaVeR baby!!!! now 2.3

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826

Melombine
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I own a pair of Koss portapros. They are excellent, the sound quality is very nice and they are great while running.

I also own a pair of skullcandy earbuds, and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Very bad audio quality overall.

groksteady
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.
Good to hear (ba-dum-bump) that you got a fix working for you. I had a pair of PX200s -- if you play around with how you place them over your ears, you'll find a sweet spot that seals and maximizes blocking outside noise. This might work on KPPs with those pads.

Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by groksteady View Post
...Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?
Interesting question. I am not an audiophile, but definitely "hear" when the sound is "not good enough."

Your question makes me think. Here's my subjective answer: I have not noticed a significant difference in the sound quality (remember--not an expert). It is still excellent. But I am quite sure there is noticeably less intrusion of ambient noise. It does not filter as well as tight-fitting in-ears, but I don't like those--for my use, hearing my name called is better...wife doesn't slap me when I don't answer.

These, as you know, are not big, soft, puffy rings. They are small, soft, slightly puffy rings--as they must be being on-ear diameter rather than over-ear diameter.

Comfort is MUCH improved over the stock foam though. That was my objective, and it is achieved. I would encourage anyone owning Koss Portapros to order some.

Tags
earphone, galaxy s, headphone, headset, voodoo sound