Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

Tip us?

rickatnight11
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhda View Post
Ah, that's right. LibreOffice is Java, so it doesn't need an ARM build. I stand corrected.

vhda
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11 View Post
Ah, that's right. LibreOffice is Java, so it doesn't need an ARM build. I stand corrected.
And here I was thinking there were some parts that were done in C or C++. Apparently arm is the only build that does not depend on libreoffice-base, which depends on libc6. How the h**l did they do that? (Google is not being my friend today)

Anyway, learning something new every day

Eutherin
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tried this, but to no avail. Tried restaring again and injecting WiFi but it just hung on some error messages i already posted about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhda View Post
You probably modified the file somehow. Please make sure /etc/network/interfaces is correct. Or better yet, re-write it.

DanielT3235
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Windows Flash Kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuckoopt View Post
Here it is, the updated windows flash kit

usage:
1- Make sure to have Asus Sync installed on your PC (if u don't have it, download it here)

2- Download and extract the windows-flash-kit-v3.rar inside the Asus Sync installation folder.

3- Put the boot.img bootloader.bin recovery.img system.img ubuntu.img inside the folder and run the runme.bat.

To change between OS u will need to that the kernel via CWM, please check this
To make the touchpad working follow these steps

1- Make sure u have the Asus Sync running, your TF101 is connected and turned on in log in screen (ubuntu)

2- Run runme.bat

3- Go to ADB Menu and check if your device is recognized, if it doesnt just Kill and Start the ADB again till it recognize it

4- Go Back and enter the Dualbooting System menu

5- Go to Install touchpad support and fix conflicts with wi-fi menu then run the function 1, then 2 and so on, till the 4... if u get error's on ADB just do the step 3 again and return to the function that u were...
For those who already done this steps and changed between systems and want the touchpad back on again just do the step 3 and then go to Install touchpad support and fix conflicts with wi-fi menu then run the function 2...
Ok, ive got them all together but i cant find the recovery.img and system.img to put inside the Asus Sync installation folder. Can you please direct me to these files? Where should they be?

Kind Regards

cuckoopt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielT3235 View Post
Ok, ive got them all together but i cant find the recovery.img and system.img to put inside the Asus Sync installation folder. Can you please direct me to these files? Where should they be?

Kind Regards
thats the flash kit only, u will need to download the ubuntu.img, from the 1st (or 2nd, i dont know...) post... then u will need to download the rom u want (nvflash versions only!) or u can backup your current rom and then flash with that... Atm u have prime, revolver and revolution hd, but i think that prime is the only one who have a working version of nvflashd for download

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

i remembered just now... lilstevie, i've a question for u... why this is taking so long... not that i'm on a rush... but... u know... its a lot of time without any updates... are u gonna wait for ubuntu 11.10 to be released? it looks quite nice... and most importantly it comes with an improved virtual keyboard... i think that ubuntu devs also thought about the tablets market... so.. what u have in mind?
Devices:
Asus Tranformer TF101 16GB + Dock : Rooted | Dual-Booting: Ubuntu 11.10 & Android Revolution HD 3.6 | ClockworkMod 3.2.0.1 | 3G enabled
iPod Touch 2g 8GB MC-version : Jailbreaked | iOS v4.1
Sony Ericson Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i): Unlocked/Rooted | MIUI 2.11.9
Sony Ericson Xperia U (ST25i): Stock

Android Lover

DanielT3235
Old
Thanks Meter 9
[QUOTE=cuckoopt;18139787]thats the flash kit only, u will need to download the ubuntu.img, from the 1st (or 2nd, i dont know...) post... then u will need to download the rom u want (nvflash versions only!) or u can backup your current rom and then flash with that... Atm u have prime, revolver and revolution hd, but i think that prime is the only one who have a working version of nvflashd for download[COLOR="Silver"]QUOTE]

Thanks cuckoopt, so i the files i was missing are from the Android Rom i want to flash along with Ubuntu, such as prime?

ive already got the Ubuntu files from post one or 2.

Many Thanks!

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1021

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuckoopt View Post
thats the flash kit only, u will need to download the ubuntu.img, from the 1st (or 2nd, i dont know...) post... then u will need to download the rom u want (nvflash versions only!) or u can backup your current rom and then flash with that... Atm u have prime, revolver and revolution hd, but i think that prime is the only one who have a working version of nvflashd for download

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

i remembered just now... lilstevie, i've a question for u... why this is taking so long... not that i'm on a rush... but... u know... its a lot of time without any updates... are u gonna wait for ubuntu 11.10 to be released? it looks quite nice... and most importantly it comes with an improved virtual keyboard... i think that ubuntu devs also thought about the tablets market... so.. what u have in mind?
The delay is a combination of things, 1) setting up the buildbox, 2) Uni, 3) stability.

1 is nearly done, and should be ready any moment now,

3 is looking much better since the oneiric beta2 update,

2 is the most important thing at the moment, it is coming up to the end of the 2011 university year. I have 3 or 4 major assignment pieces due over the next 4 weeks, then exams. My career is far more important than this project.

There is also a fourth reason, but that is almost meeting its mends, I was set back a little bit by the HDD in my coding box/buildbox dying on me

rickatnight11
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
2 is the most important thing at the moment, it is coming up to the end of the 2011 university year. I have 3 or 4 major assignment pieces due over the next 4 weeks, then exams. My career is far more important than this project.
School comes first. You know we all appreciate your work, especially during what must be a very stressful time in your life. Let us know, if you need anything.

Shuriku
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dual boot linux windows kit

Hello all. I'm new at this so please give me your support a bit.
I need to flash my TF101 to dual boot with Ubuntu.
I've seen the instruction for windows
I've downloaded the flash kit, prime 2.0.1 and update to 2.0.2.
Now I've got:
boot.img recovery.img system.img ubuntu.img and flasher ready but I donít know where to get bootloader.bin from. Where should I find it?
Iím impatience to start with it already.

cuckoopt
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielT3235 View Post

Thanks cuckoopt, so i the files i was missing are from the Android Rom i want to flash along with Ubuntu, such as prime?

ive already got the Ubuntu files from post one or 2.

Many Thanks!
thats right Daniel... u need the nvflash version... u can find the prime's one on prime post... it should be easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuriku View Post
Hello all. I'm new at this so please give me your support a bit.
I need to flash my TF101 to dual boot with Ubuntu.
I've seen the instruction for windows
I've downloaded the flash kit, prime 2.0.1 and update to 2.0.2.
Now I've got:
boot.img recovery.img system.img ubuntu.img and flasher ready but I donít know where to get bootloader.bin from. Where should I find it?
Iím impatience to start with it already.
as i said earlier, u find the ubuntu.img on the 1st or 2nd post, all the other files must come with the nvflash version of the rom u want... there are 2 ways to get that, just look around for prime or revolver or revolution hd nvflash version, the CWM versions wont work... the other way u can simply backup your current rom and flash ubuntu with that (note that backup wont have the bootloader.bin)
Devices:
Asus Tranformer TF101 16GB + Dock : Rooted | Dual-Booting: Ubuntu 11.10 & Android Revolution HD 3.6 | ClockworkMod 3.2.0.1 | 3G enabled
iPod Touch 2g 8GB MC-version : Jailbreaked | iOS v4.1
Sony Ericson Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i): Unlocked/Rooted | MIUI 2.11.9
Sony Ericson Xperia U (ST25i): Stock

Android Lover