ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wondering why you aren't getting OTA?

OP Final View

29th July 2011, 08:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
More
I went to a T-Mobile store earlier today, and ended up talking to them about the official OTA update for G2x. Turns out they pulled it because of "Issues it had". My LG update tool messed up my two phones, so I'm no longer trying that. My only chance for an official GB is the OTA, so I was forced to ask a lot of questions when they broke the news. They said they have no idea when the update will go live again, but it will work again once the issue is fixed. I'm not going to go through the whole "soon" phase again. Hopefully this is fixed fast.
Last edited by Final View; 29th July 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: They just sent me the Software update after I called them. Quick Fix or clueless employees?
29th July 2011, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag North Texas
Thanks Meter: 75

423 posts
More
Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.
29th July 2011, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Ontario

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickster

Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.

No Problem... They most likely stopped the update today since I talked to Customer Service yesterday, and they said "Wait for the OTA once your replacement arrives".
29th July 2011, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 132

1,799 posts
More
Wow so no ota update anymore? Btw what kinda of os were u using to update to 2.3?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
29th July 2011, 09:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Ontario

45 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLeSz

Wow so no ota update anymore? Btw what kinda of os were u using to update to 2.3?

Not for now. I was using Windows XP comp/ Windows 7 Laptop
Last edited by Final View; 29th July 2011 at 10:26 PM.
29th July 2011, 09:46 PM   |  #6  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 72

550 posts
More
Hmmm, that is strange...I wonder what kind of issues they are talking about?
I've updated mine trought the LG Update tool(have the LGP999DWP), worked just fine, so far not having any issues.
I hope once they fixed whatever they are doing to be able to install that update as well.

I am not rooted-running all stock software.
29th July 2011, 09:47 PM   |  #7  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 246

1,062 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLeSz

If you were asking about the PC used with the lg update, I used a Win 7 pro 32x. Worked great. No issues.
29th July 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 132

1,799 posts
More
I went back to stock rom and rwcovery im still rooted thou (heard root doesnt matter) and i have a win 7 64 bit im scared to try to do it thru the update tool

29th July 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #9  
Flag Some where in USA
Thanks Meter: 32

478 posts
Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.
29th July 2011, 10:01 PM   |  #10  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 72

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi

Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.

How did you exchange for the Sensation? T-Mobile said that they can give me G2 but not the Sensation. How did you do it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread