Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wondering why you aren't getting OTA?

Tip us?

Final View
Old
(Last edited by Final View; 29th July 2011 at 10:11 PM.) Reason: They just sent me the Software update after I called them. Quick Fix or clueless employees?
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation Wondering why you aren't getting OTA?

I went to a T-Mobile store earlier today, and ended up talking to them about the official OTA update for G2x. Turns out they pulled it because of "Issues it had". My LG update tool messed up my two phones, so I'm no longer trying that. My only chance for an official GB is the OTA, so I was forced to ask a lot of questions when they broke the news. They said they have no idea when the update will go live again, but it will work again once the issue is fixed. I'm not going to go through the whole "soon" phase again. Hopefully this is fixed fast.

ickster
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.
Long live my smarty phone, and yours

Final View
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickster View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've decided to wait, but have been curious why I had not seen it on my G2X. My daughters update via OTA came the day after it came out. I assumed I hadn't seen it 'cause I'm rooted.
No Problem... They most likely stopped the update today since I talked to Customer Service yesterday, and they said "Wait for the OTA once your replacement arrives".

sTyLeSz
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Wow so no ota update anymore? Btw what kinda of os were u using to update to 2.3?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
T-Mobile Nexus 5
Amazon Kindle Fire

Final View
Old
(Last edited by Final View; 29th July 2011 at 09:26 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLeSz View Post
Wow so no ota update anymore? Btw what kinda of os were u using to update to 2.3?

Not for now. I was using Windows XP comp/ Windows 7 Laptop

Pecata
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Hmmm, that is strange...I wonder what kind of issues they are talking about?
I've updated mine trought the LG Update tool(have the LGP999DWP), worked just fine, so far not having any issues.
I hope once they fixed whatever they are doing to be able to install that update as well.

I am not rooted-running all stock software.

jcbofkc
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLeSz View Post

If you were asking about the PC used with the lg update, I used a Win 7 pro 32x. Worked great. No issues.
T-Mobile SDA --> Dash --> Dash 3G --> TP2 --> HD2 --> LG G2x --> Samsung Galaxy SIII --> Samsung Galaxy S4

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

sTyLeSz
Old
Thanks Meter 132
I went back to stock rom and rwcovery im still rooted thou (heard root doesnt matter) and i have a win 7 64 bit im scared to try to do it thru the update tool

T-Mobile Nexus 5
Amazon Kindle Fire

cenwesi
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.

Pecata
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
Lol, guys if you can exchange this phone for the sensation i will suggest you do it ASAP!. LG has pretty much washed their hands off this phone. It kinda reminds me of what Nokia did with the N900. Anyway i had an opportunity to exchange mine with NO cost and ended up getting $3 back this Monday. This phone is nothing but trouble. BT don't even work properly.
How did you exchange for the Sensation? T-Mobile said that they can give me G2 but not the Sensation. How did you do it?