Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: HAS S-OFF Worked for you
Yes 4,481 84.53%
No 820 15.47%
Voters: 5301. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] to Installing S-off, Unlocking, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on

Tip us?

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkhas View Post
btw, by installing a custom rom, are you also de-branding the phone in the process?
Yes. Branded roms are roms with Carrier/Network specific SH*T. like a carrier or your network start screen, e.g tmous splash when u switch or ur networks name
and also apps that u dont want from your carrier/network in the phone.

Custom roms are debranded where as they do not associate the rom with a carrier/network.
One ROM for all
|HTC One Silver ||ROM: Stock ||KERNEL: Stock

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|
|CLICK HERE FOR MY HTC SENSATION GUIDE TO S-OFF,(noobproof)|
|If you feel like buying me a Drink CLICK HERE

30Glock
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks for this guid, Worked perfect. which add free works best with this?
SG3

shortdawg24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just a question, if i need to revert back for warranty work is it possible?

jvrazo13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Guys, sorry for the noobish question, but I think my Sensation's H-BOOT changed. When I first executed the revolutionary.exe...I was prompted to input the beta key and all that. My H-BOOT version was 1.17.0011 It accept the key and it went to this white screen...with a highlighted text "FASTBOOT USB" and some options like BOOTLOADER, REBOOT, REBOOT LOADER, POWER DOWN. Didn't get prompted to install CWM. So I selected REBOOT, tried it again. When I opened revolutionary.exe...it says "Your device is not supported at this time.". When I looked at the H-BOOT Version, it's now 1.17.1011. Is this suppose to happen?

jvrazo13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oops. Sorry, I just saw that it's S-OFFed already in that white screen. All good now. Got my Sensation S-OFFed. Yeah! Big thanks to the devs! Cheers!

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvrazo13 View Post
Guys, sorry for the noobish question, but I think my Sensation's H-BOOT changed. When I first executed the revolutionary.exe...I was prompted to input the beta key and all that. My H-BOOT version was 1.17.0011 It accept the key and it went to this white screen...with a highlighted text "FASTBOOT USB" and some options like BOOTLOADER, REBOOT, REBOOT LOADER, POWER DOWN. Didn't get prompted to install CWM. So I selected REBOOT, tried it again. When I opened revolutionary.exe...it says "Your device is not supported at this time.". When I looked at the H-BOOT Version, it's now 1.17.1011. Is this suppose to happen?
yes
this is normal

Your DEVICE IS S OFF NOW

S - ON = 1.17.0011
S - OFF= 1.17.1011

Revolutionary isnt going to let u s-off again and again and again, so once your S-off revolutionary doesnt support ur phone anymore

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|

alqali
Old
(Last edited by alqali; 31st July 2011 at 03:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
The http://revolutionary.io/ website seems to be down. Can anyone else conform this?

EDIT: Forget it. It was a connection problem from my end.

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdawg24 View Post
Just a question, if i need to revert back for warranty work is it possible?
IF U FLASH STOCK RUU
RECOVERY IS CHANGED BACK TO STOCK AND ROM AND BOOT everyting.
YOU STILL HAVE S-OFF but its confirmed now that it will show STOCK S-off instead of Alpharex S-off

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alqali View Post
The http://revolutionary.io/ website seems to be down. Can anyone else conform this?
worked for me just then

amitkhas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Op, great job making this noobproof

btw, which guide did you use to O/C to 1.5ghz w/ undervolt? and how's your experience with it in terms of stability, speed, and battery life?

Tags
beta code help, s-off, s-on