Voters: 5302. You may not vote on this poll

[Guide] to Installing S-off, Unlocking, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on

31st July 2011, 06:00 AM   |  #521  
Thanks Meter: 992

1,820 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhzter

Not yet, im waiting for a fix from recovery team or a new recovery for the sensation

if you pull the battery out and put it back in, you cannot charge.
to charge your phone has to be powered on, or switched off with fastboot enabled under power settings

This has nothing to do with Custom ROms, It is the Clockwork recovery itself, it hasnt been programmed correctly to allow charing when switched off

Its really strange i have no such issue mine is charging with full off even via usb and stock charger both...though my frnd has had a prob? dt know whats the cause?
The Following User Says Thank You to predator21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2011, 06:11 AM   |  #522  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 260

1,542 posts
Flashing back to stock ROM DOESNT remove S-OFF! I had to do this today because of wifi and other issues. S-OFF still shows itself on the hboot screen. We really do need a way to figure out how to go back to S-ON....

Matt
31st July 2011, 06:25 AM   |  #523  
Flag Oahu, HI
Thanks Meter: 152

1,640 posts
More
Thanks for the tutorial. Got S-OFF and Rooted! Gonna make life with my Galaxy Tab 10.1 so much sweeter.
31st July 2011, 06:41 AM   |  #524  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 9

398 posts
More
Nvrmind. Found exactly what i needed.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
Last edited by wayde187; 31st July 2011 at 06:50 AM.
31st July 2011, 06:58 AM   |  #525  
Flag S.Ogden
Thanks Meter: 1,048

3,711 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikhzter

Install the drivers from step 2
2 WINDOWS USERS- You must Install these HTC drivers DOWNLOAD HERE. Linux Users can skip this. if it doesnt work then install the extended drivers from step 6

and uninstall htc sync and anything else like droid explorer etc from your computer only, not your device,

So I want to use my Mac. You think the Linux version will work on my Mac or just do pc? Thanks.

31st July 2011, 07:00 AM   |  #526  
RC-RT Liaison - Devil's Advocate
Thanks Meter: 9,895

11,390 posts
Strange,

I have SU, SOFF instaled.. but when I try to edit the system file from ES Root Explorer or thru the PC using the Android Commander/QtAdb it says I need root for this operation

I have busy box installed..
31st July 2011, 07:24 AM   |  #527  
Thanks Meter: 24

265 posts
More
Why isn't CWM available on the Market with the Sensation? It isn't detecting the recovery...
31st July 2011, 07:29 AM   |  #528  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 9

398 posts
More
I want to kill my computer. Never been used to mess with any android phone. I downloaded the htc drivers from the guide, when I run revolutionary.exe, an error comes up. " this application has failed to start because AdbWinApi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Well it hasn't fixed the problem, and I'm staring at an application extension file that came with the revolutionary download named "AdbWinApi.dll" ??? I wiped my phone, uninstalled all drivers on computer. Have never used htc sync app or droid explorer app on phone or computer so no need to delete them. Adb and androidSDK have never been on the computer. I'm starting to get posses off. Please help. Thx.

*fastboot is checked off
*USB debugging is enabled

Last edited by wayde187; 31st July 2011 at 07:32 AM.
31st July 2011, 07:34 AM   |  #529  
Flag S.Ogden
Thanks Meter: 1,048

3,711 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayde187

I want to kill my computer. Never been used to mess with any android phone. I downloaded the htc drivers from the guide, when I run revolutionary.exe, an error comes up. " this application has failed to start because AdbWinApi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Well it hasn't fixed the problem, and I'm staring at an application extension file that came with the revolutionary download named "AdbWinApi.dll" ??? I wiped my phone, uninstalled all drivers on computer. Have never used htc sync app or droid explorer app on phone or computer so no need to delete them. Adb and androidSDK have never been on the computer. I'm starting to get posses off. Please help. Thx.

*fastboot is checked off
*USB debugging is enabled

You have an antivirus program running? That can cause issues....

Sent from my HTC Glacier
31st July 2011, 07:40 AM   |  #530  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,345

10,696 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg02d

Flashing back to stock ROM DOESNT remove S-OFF! I had to do this today because of wifi and other issues. S-OFF still shows itself on the hboot screen. We really do need a way to figure out how to go back to S-ON....

Matt

I've seen a few posts now claiming that if you first flash the eng hboot and then run the ruu that this will return you to s-on. Haven't tried it myself, but you can give it a try and let us all know

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beta code help, s-off, s-on
Previous Thread Next Thread