Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,815 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

Tip us?

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 16th December 2011 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: Version 1.4
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Talking [APP] XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

XDA TV (Tablet Edition) v1.4

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this application. At the time it's limited to tablets(since I got my Galaxy Tab last week and I wanted to play with some coding for it). I need people testing if this works and how it works on Honeycomb tablets(since I don't have one to test). If you were looking for the phone version, just click here.

I've been working on this for a week. Making the layout using HTML and CSS3 was easy, but I got a lot of problems while trying to make the code work on Android, so I took a bit more to match the code for Android. At the time I can't find another way to open up the videos without firing up the browser to redirect to the Video application, the OS has a lot of problems with HTML5 Video tag so I've done it like this.

The technologies used on this application:

Quote:
Quote:
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 16th December 2011 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: 1.4
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
TODO:
* Add the HD play options(720p and 1080p)

v1.4:
* Fixed the "Application Not Installed" bug (need testers to check this)

v1.1.1:
* Added a glass effect to the icon

v1.1:
* New feed that is now hosted on my server and I'll keep it updated
* Description added to the video area

v1.0.3:
* Added the placeholder image(forgot to add on the project before compiling) *facepalm*

v1.0.2:
* Added a placeholder image while no video is selected

Update 1:
* User Eroc162 reported that the application is running without problems on a G-Slate
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

Android User

kijp15
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Is this only for Tablets?

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Yup. But I'm working to port this to phones too, in about 3/4 days it will be finished. I want to make the phone users have a good experience, just like the tablet users have.

Also, any suggestions, bug reports and improvements that you want to see, please post here that I'll look for it.

Android User
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kijp15
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Sweet! Your a saint!

Lucky Tablet users, ha.

Thanks a million!

willverduzco
Old
Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
And it's been featured on the portal.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Thanks very much!!

Sent from my GT-P1000L using XDA Premium App

Android User

willverduzco
Old
Portal Administrator
Thanks Meter 2839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanpc View Post
Thanks very much!!

Sent from my GT-P1000L using XDA Premium App
My pleasure. You did a fantastic job.
Want something on the XDA Portal? Send us a news tip! - [moderate | film | foto | develop]

CuBz90
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Works flawlessly on my HTC Desire HD.

So maybe will be fine on other phones too

I'm a massive fan of XDA TV

Thanks, it's awesome.

P.S The QR needs updating as it read "http:/https://..." before the address lol
The Following User Says Thank You to CuBz90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 235
Default Asus TF101

Ran beautifully on my transformer; PRIME 1.7 beta.
ASUS TF101 (B60) - KatKiss 4.3
i5 - OMG!

e·qui·poise (kw-poiz, kw-) n.
1. Equality in distribution, as of weight, relationship, or emotional forces; equilibrium.