Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 12/30/11 - CleanROM 3.0 Preview 1 Now Available!

Tip us?

saboxerman
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPreston2001 View Post
So is it better to leave the phone in wcdma perferred vs cdma auto? Whats the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks
Not sure of the pros and cons, however, I tried wcdma and found no notable improvement over cdma auto prl. However, I didn't try wcdma and 4G reception (not sure if their is a correlation between the two). The only thing I did note is my battery drained faster.

Vdubtx
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermi View Post
scott has been busy his rezound ICS ROM...(hes not on sprint anymore but still devs for the 3D)

plus there really isn't much to change on the cleanROM....to be honest. and he has reborn for the new base, but I don't really expect to hear much from scott until ICS drops for the 3D.
Loaded up the reborn rom and it is running nice and smooth as expected. Tried a few other Rom's over the last month or so and seems I always come back to Clean. Always get the best battery life with Clean. Can't wait for Clean ICS.

vinc3stylez
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Man.. I've been checking this thread religiously for 3.0

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

zedwards
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermi View Post
scott has been busy his rezound ICS ROM...(hes not on sprint anymore but still devs for the 3D)

plus there really isn't much to change on the cleanROM....to be honest. and he has reborn for the new base, but I don't really expect to hear much from scott until ICS drops for the 3D.

Almost every rom has been slowing down "waiting for ICS". I feel like I have a dead phone now and still have over a year til a new one is possible to buy.

jbermi
Old
Thanks Meter 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedwards View Post

Almost every rom has been slowing down "waiting for ICS". I feel like I have a dead phone now and still have over a year til a new one is possible to buy.
well from the looks of i, we should have ICS late march/april would be my guess, since it seems HTC is dropping an all white sensation with new sense 3.5 or 3.6 and ICS loaded. probably will know for sure at MWC at the end of the month.

I am happy with my phone running cleanrom DE 2.0 with anthrax. its smooth, fast and worry free. no need to flash all the time.

saboxerman
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedwards View Post

I understand the feeling, however, I consider this:

1) Scott apparently has experienced ICS with his Rezound work (or at least that's what I thought I caught) and knows what's coming. So, with 3.0 preview 1, seeing how it does have massive underpinning work that has been done, he may just be waiting for ICS since it's a completely different beast. Why put sooooo much work in to reworking 2.3.4 just to have to start all over in a matter of a month or two?

2) See #1.

I love new tweaks just as much as everyone else! However, Scott has put out a complete product that is a legitimate, stable, daily driver. Plus, rumor has it that he has a "real" job, too. But, I believe he's simply an XDA junkie.

Bake and enjoy!

kenosuke117
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Is it possible to put sense 3.5 apps on this Rom like fb chat HTC notes I'm just wondering

Sent from my PG8610000 using XDA App

knightslay2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can this be used with the GSM EVO 3D?

jbermi
Old
Thanks Meter 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightslay2 View Post
Can this be used with the GSM EVO 3D?
nope. cdma only.

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 50328

DONATE TO ME
Closing this thread due to new CleanROM Reborn 1.0 being almost ready!

Its been fun guys!

-Scott

The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
clean, cleanrom, fast, great support, smooth
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe