Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Odin][ROM] Whitehawkx's KC1 with CWM recovery

OP FBis251

30th July 2011, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
FBis251's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,705
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
I've made an Odin flashable KC1 ROM with CWM already built in. It even boots up to CWM right after flashing to speed up your recovery! Now you can flash your favorite ROM and restore your nandroid backup and be ready to go!

FEATURES
Stock deodexed KC1 ROM (Whitehawkx)
* Root
* Busybox
* Quickboot
Bali 3.3 UV
* Voodoo lagfix enabled by default
* CWM recovery

NOTES
1) CWM will try to enable the Voodoo lagfix since it's the default option, so the first boot might take longer than you want it to if you wind up booting into the phone at all.
2) I noticed a glitch in the boot startup animation. It flashed back and forth between the T-Mobile pink bootup animation and the default Android boot animation.
3) This WILL delete all your data, so make a backup to your SD card, then back up your SD card to your PC.

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download the file to your Windows PC
2) Extract the 7-Zip file using a compatible program, such as 7-Zip
3) Load up the file in Odin
4) Flash
5) Success!

ODIN
Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide
This file goes into the PDA section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:


ROM DOWNLOAD LINK
custom_kc1_cwm.7z

CREDITS
Stock DEODEXED KC1 by Whitehawkx
Bali 3.3 UV by drhonk
Last edited by FBis251; 21st August 2011 at 11:36 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2011, 10:53 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
967 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Wow! Just what I needed! Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
31st July 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
GDofWR420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
1,245 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Great addition to the flashaholics here on xda. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
31st July 2011, 08:12 AM   |  #4  
RaverX3X's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 5,276
 
4,281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

I've made an Odin flashable KC1 ROM with CWM already built in. It even boots up to CWM right after flashing to speed up your recovery! Now you can flash your favorite ROM and restore your nandroid backup and be ready to go!

FEATURES
Stock deodexed KC1 ROM (Whitehawkx)
* Root
* Busybox
* Quickboot
Bali 3.3 UV
* Voodoo lagfix enabled by default
* CWM recovery

NOTES
1) CWM will try to enable the Voodoo lagfix since it's the default option, so the first boot might take longer than you want it to if you wind up booting into the phone at all.
2) I noticed a glitch in the boot startup animation. It flashed back and forth between the T-Mobile pink bootup animation and the default Android boot animation.

INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download the file to your Windows PC
2) Extract the 7-Zip file using a compatible program, such as 7-Zip
3) Load up the file in Odin
4) Flash
5) Success!

ODIN
Learn how to flash files with Odin using this guide
This file goes into the PDA section of Odin. Your Odin screen should look like this:


ROM DOWNLOAD LINK
custom_kc1_cwm.7z

CREDITS
Stock DEODEXED KC1 by Whitehawkx
Bali 3.3 UV by drhonk


If you delete the bootanimation file out of the system/bin folder that goes away just a fyi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RaverX3X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2011, 08:21 AM   |  #5  
VICosPhi's Avatar
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 28
 
681 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
AWESOME job FBis251 !! The ROM is just what I needed today
The Following User Says Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2011, 09:16 AM   |  #6  
FBis251's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,705
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaverX3X

If you delete the bootanimation file out of the system/bin folder that goes away just a fyi

Aha,

Awesome, thanks Raver.
31st July 2011, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
RaverX3X's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 5,276
 
4,281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251

Aha,

Awesome, thanks Raver.

yw anytime
31st July 2011, 09:04 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
In case if i need to remove all (cwm and stuff) of this and get back to stock, can i just ODIN with stock rom?
31st July 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #9  
FBis251's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,705
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_rosh

In case if i need to remove all (cwm and stuff) of this and get back to stock, can i just ODIN with stock rom?

Yup, just look for a ROM that's for Odin and is stock, preferably not deodexed if you're gonna send in your phone for warranty, etc.
15th August 2011, 11:04 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
What version is KC1?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes