UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update

OP DAG425

30th July 2011, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainesville, FL
Thanks Meter: 69

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Follow directions to SBF your phone back to stock Froyo

HERE

After you have followed those directions, THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE, go thru the setup, *228 option 1 and all.

Go ahead and do a factory data reset/wipe your phone from Settings>>Privacy>>Factory Data Reset

After wiping the phone re-root with Gingerbreak and instal Tenfar Lin's Recovery.

Tutorials for rooting and installing recovery as well as additional download links/mirrors can be found in the sticky or here:

Root

Recovery

Place the downloaded GB Pre-Rooted file un the root(top of filesystem/not in any folder) of your externad sd card and rename to "update.zip".

Reboot into recovery thru Tenfar's Bootstrap Recovery app and select "Apply SDCARD : update.zip"

NOTE : It will take a long time, about 15 minutes... EDIT: I dont remember how long it takes with the new prerooted version.... I did this at work yesterday...

Reboot your phone. IT WILL BOOTLOOP!!! EDIT: If it bootloops, pull battery, reboot holding power and volume down, use volume down to scroll to stock/built in recovery, press volume down and up at the same time twice until you get the menu, wipe/factory data reset....

The phone will seem to stall at the eye, but give it time... EDIT: I wasnt watching as I was doing this at work....

Eventually you will be at your home screen and all will be well and rooted in the wonderful world of GingerBread!!

ENJOY!!!

UPDATES

GO TO P3DROID'S WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD THE FILES THERE! HE HAS CORRECTED THE "ASSERT FAILED/INSTALLATION ABORTED ERROR"!

Download

UPDATED!!
I will be SBF-ing my phone back to stock and applying P3Droid's new pre-rooted GB update...

I will update this post when I finish...

Been here, Done this, all is well and rooted in the land of GingerBread!!!
Last edited by DAG425; 2nd August 2011 at 12:40 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DAG425 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2011, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 94

690 posts
Donate to Me
Sweet! Downloading Now Thanks

That Only Works If You Rename The Zip File To Update.

Pre-Rooted Only:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ut0ujssdglftfkd
Last edited by MikeJ92YJ; 31st July 2011 at 06:43 PM.
30th July 2011, 10:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

100 posts
More
I got the installation aborted status 7 messgae, but it says failed to boot 1 everytime
30th July 2011, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainesville, FL

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitwit

I got the installation aborted status 7 messgae, but it says failed to boot 1 everytime

Have you tried a battery pull and reboot? Make sure you don't have any kind of mod at all and if it still doesn't work, SBF back to bone dry stock, wipe, remove/uninstall any and all apps you may still have and try again...
30th July 2011, 10:55 PM   |  #5  

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG425

Have you tried a battery pull and reboot? Make sure you don't have any kind of mod at all and if it still doesn't work, SBF back to bone dry stock, wipe, remove/uninstall any and all apps you may still have and try again...

I cant seem to sbf,

when i hold down the volume down and hit power it flashes the moto logo and then goes black, can't get to the rsd mode

scary stuff, it might be sbf'ing according to rsd, even though I didn't go into rsd mode hmm.
Last edited by nitwit; 30th July 2011 at 11:08 PM.
30th July 2011, 10:59 PM   |  #6  

690 posts
Donate to Me
Another Mirror.

Pre-Root Only.

Edit: Installation Aborted (bad)

The Link Update.zip In OP Is Bad.
Last edited by MikeJ92YJ; 30th July 2011 at 11:16 PM.
30th July 2011, 11:14 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainesville, FL

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitwit

I cant seem to sbf,

when i hold down the volume down and hit power it flashes the moto logo and then goes black, can't get to the rsd mode

scary stuff, it might be sbf'ing according to rsd, even though I didn't go into rsd mode hmm.

Let RSD do what it does and let us know... That is a little scary... I am currently trying to figure out what may have happened to you...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
30th July 2011, 11:19 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gainesville, FL

278 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ92YJ

Another Mirror.

Pre-Root Only.

Edit: Installation Aborted (bad)

The Link Update.zip In OP Is Bad.

What did you get for the error??? It will say installation aborted and all you have to do is reboot...
30th July 2011, 11:30 PM   |  #9  

690 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

What did you get for the error??? It will say installation aborted and all you have to do is reboot...

Downloaded From P3's Site There And It Only Had 1 File In The Zip.

It's Okay I Got Another Download And Now I'm On 2.3
30th July 2011, 11:36 PM   |  #10  

100 posts
More
Quote:

Let RSD do what it does and let us know... That is a little scary... I am currently trying to figure out what may have happened to you...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Wow, this first time I tried rsd it called the device 'fastboot' rather than the usual Daytona

I tried again after several battery pulls and got to where it called it Daytona and went ahead and flashed and thank you, it worked.

Even scarier was that I could not boot to use the nandroid backup either! I plugged into the wall outlet without the battery, inserted the battery and still had boot failure 1!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread