Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock DL17 ODIN Image With Root

Tip us?

pastorbennett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Stock DL17 ODIN Image With Root

I notices a few users have mentioned that they're dealing with trying to restore or unbrick their Continuum after flashing incompatible kernels and other problems.

I made this backup immediately after I got root, before I did anything else, to make absolutely sure I wouldn't be SOL if anything went awry. I've made absolutely certain this works, by unzipping and flashing on my own Continuum prior to uploading. It contains the system, recovery, and kernel partitions.

This file is also helpful if you need to get back to stock for warranty purposes, in which case you can manually un-root by using your favorite file explorer (I happen to prefer ES File Explorer), grant root permissions, mount system as rw, then manually delete SuperUser from /system/apps, su from /system/bin, and busybox from /systen/xbin. I hope this helps some of you who have been stuck.

You don't need to be rooted to flash this. Simply unzip, flash the .tar.md5, and you're golden. If you end up in restore mode after flashing, you probably need to do a hard reset, but this is unlikely as I tested it by flashing this a few times after installing various programs from the Market and never had to do a hard reset.

Don't forget to put your phone in Download mode by removing the battery, then holding the vol down button while inserting the usb cable. Good luck!

http://www.mediafire.com/?a897dbakz4j7k4f
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pastorbennett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tvike60
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for this. I had been messing around with the phone. I was able to get it back to stock.

circa881
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Kay I try to flash this and it's telling me it's an invalid image type

circa881
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Never mind, I got it. Thanks

pastorbennett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Not a problem, glad I could help!
The Following User Says Thank You to pastorbennett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samuelhadams
Old
Thanks Meter 30
My phone was soft-bricked. This worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

kingtuk1
Old
(Last edited by kingtuk1; 3rd August 2011 at 04:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I ran this and everything passed then when i boot up the phone with animations and sound after the animated verizonwireless logo is up for a while; everything goes black.

any suggestions? never mind I had to do a wipe then it worked

pastorbennett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtuk1 View Post
I ran this and everything passed then when i boot up the phone with animations and sound after the animated verizonwireless logo is up for a while; everything goes black.

any suggestions? never mind I had to do a wipe then it worked
Yup, gotta wipe! At first it's so easy to forget this step. When you get to customizing your installation, you'll get to used to having to wipe it'll become second nature!

pastorbennett
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
I'm so glad to hear this is coming in handy for you all! Now that you got this done, get yourself froyo, courtesy of imnuts: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1197415

Native89
Old
(Last edited by Native89; 22nd August 2011 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Ok after having installed EC03 Froyo via imnuts's thread. Everything was going fine except for some bugs here and there. Fast forward a couple weeks later and I try to fix those bugs by installing a stock odin rom via torque's thread (seems so foolish now that I look back on it). Which brings me to today and my bricked Continuum.

Well to explain further I tried to install the odin Rom only to receive a FAIL in the end (Selected the md5 file through the PDA option and proceeded to flash). Disconnected afterwards only to find out I can't even get the Samsung logo to show up or the phone to charge, but the phone will still go into download mode.

And this leads me to this thread with the same outcome. I've tried flashing this eclair? image only to end up with the fail message again. After the recovery.bin stage it just says "Complete(write) operation failed." Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Edit: After some searching, gonna try it with imnuts' DL17 image. Will post results.
Edit2: No luck with that either. Guess I'll just wait until the Bionic gets released, but for now I'll have to dig up my dumbphone.

Tags
continuum, dl17, i400, odin, stock