These are the devices and HBOOT versions supported
HTC View (express) 1.09.0000 and 1.13.0000
HTC Flyer (flyer) 1.10.0000 and 1.11.0003
If you don't have one of these versions, then see post 2 because the current application will not S-OFF your device as is PERIOD.
Step 1: Read the documentationIf you didn't download ClockWorkMod as part of the process or it failed to download, then get it here
Step 2 (Windows): Uninstall HTC Sync and any other sync sotware ( eg Androsync ) that you have been using.
Step 3 (Windows) : Install these fastboot drivers
Step 4: Turn USB debugging ON
Note: The device should be fully booted to android now, do not go to the bootloader or fastboot.
Step 5: Connect the device via USB if not already done.
Step 6: Got to the revolutionary website and select the download for your platform (Windows or Linux ) do not enter anything in the form and do not close the page.
Step 7: Run the application to get your serial number it will be something like HTCXXXXXX
Step 8: Go back to the webpage and enter the details required on the form to get your KEY.
IMPORTANT: If you have a flyer, device is Flyer, if you have a View it is Express
Step 9: Copy and Paste the beta key back to the application and press return. If you don't know how to paste see step 6 here
Step 10: Follow the on screen instructions.
If you see this message:
SUCCESS - Life gave us lemons, we didn't make lemonade!
then S-OFF has been successful, even if CWM then fails.
- Copy su-3.0-beta4-efgh-signed.zip to your sdcard root
- Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions below)
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Then select "Choose zip from sdcard"
- Then select "su-3.0-beta4-efgh-signed.zip"
- Then select "Yes - install su-3.0-beta4-efgh-signed.zip" to confirm
- Then go back
- Then reboot.
- You're rooted!
If you can't get CWM on view to see the su zipfile
- Open the lid and put an SD card in your flyer/view. It does open - it's just difficult and there is an SD slot.
- Alternatively Follow the instructions here but DO NOT DO STEP 1.
This is a work in progress, and will be updated as and when time permits.