FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] help me please.phone setup wizard force close

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By jamesrfraser, Member on 31st July 2011, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have a rogers canadian captivate.rooted and unlocked.deleated stock tw launcher by mistake and did a hard reset.well on step 4 of the new set up process it says phone setup wizard not responding and askes to force close.and takes me right back to step 1 of set up.i know if i can get to the web and download a launcher than i can open it from notificatio bar. please help.

31st July 2011, 08:43 PM |#2  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Can you push stuff through adb?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
31st July 2011, 08:47 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

Can you push stuff through adb?

Since he just factory reset a stock rom, it isnt set to debugging mode, so adb isnt an option...
31st July 2011, 08:51 PM |#4  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Good point...hmmmmmm

31st July 2011, 10:17 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Because you cant push a launcher or get into any settings menu, my only suggestion would be to flash a new rom. And assuming that the rom you just flashed (being completely stock), you wont have the 3 button combo although I suggest you try it. (Im not sure about the combos for 2.2 roms).

If you cant get into recovery/download through any method, my next suggestion is to buy/build a JIG and force your device into download mode, by which you can use ODIN to flash a rom.

You can make a jig for about a dollar or buy one for about 10. (Best purchase i made). Just take a look around the forums for more info on this.
1st August 2011, 12:05 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
yes i can get into where it says reboot system now,reinstall packages delete data ya know. not much experiance
1st August 2011, 12:46 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
and i can still get the usb modes when i plug in usb. kies media player mass storage.just an amature
1st August 2011, 12:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if it would work...but odin3 v1.0 had a option for enable debug .could he just do that? Then adb push /system/app/launcher.apk? See pic

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
2nd August 2011, 03:39 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
need more suggestions.paid 500 canadian with no contract.might as well of flushed it down the toilet
2nd August 2011, 03:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
There is a Canadian Odin one click somewhere. Look harder.
2nd August 2011, 03:55 AM |#11  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Canadian one click using Heimdall not Odin. Good news is Heimdall is cross platform and can be used on PC, Mac, and Linux. Read the thread and the instructions are in the OP. Good Luck!
Here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1191094
Last edited by Rhiannon224; 2nd August 2011 at 04:09 AM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread