FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[Q] help me please.phone setup wizard force close

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By jamesrfraser, Member on 31st July 2011, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have a rogers canadian captivate.rooted and unlocked.deleated stock tw launcher by mistake and did a hard reset.well on step 4 of the new set up process it says phone setup wizard not responding and askes to force close.and takes me right back to step 1 of set up.i know if i can get to the web and download a launcher than i can open it from notificatio bar. please help.

31st July 2011, 08:43 PM |#2  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Can you push stuff through adb?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
31st July 2011, 08:47 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

Can you push stuff through adb?

Since he just factory reset a stock rom, it isnt set to debugging mode, so adb isnt an option...
31st July 2011, 08:51 PM |#4  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Good point...hmmmmmm

31st July 2011, 10:17 PM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Because you cant push a launcher or get into any settings menu, my only suggestion would be to flash a new rom. And assuming that the rom you just flashed (being completely stock), you wont have the 3 button combo although I suggest you try it. (Im not sure about the combos for 2.2 roms).

If you cant get into recovery/download through any method, my next suggestion is to buy/build a JIG and force your device into download mode, by which you can use ODIN to flash a rom.

You can make a jig for about a dollar or buy one for about 10. (Best purchase i made). Just take a look around the forums for more info on this.
1st August 2011, 12:05 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
yes i can get into where it says reboot system now,reinstall packages delete data ya know. not much experiance
1st August 2011, 12:46 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
and i can still get the usb modes when i plug in usb. kies media player mass storage.just an amature
1st August 2011, 12:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 83

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if it would work...but odin3 v1.0 had a option for enable debug .could he just do that? Then adb push /system/app/launcher.apk? See pic

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA Premium App
2nd August 2011, 03:39 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
need more suggestions.paid 500 canadian with no contract.might as well of flushed it down the toilet
2nd August 2011, 03:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
There is a Canadian Odin one click somewhere. Look harder.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread