- Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
- CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
- Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
- SMS messaging
- Camera, FFC, and flash
- Haptic feedback and vibration
- NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
- Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
- Wifi tethering
- Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
- Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
- Incoming call ringtones.
- Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
- working backup/restore from CWM
- OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
- USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
- Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
- Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
- NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.
- Switching 2G/3G causes Phone app to force close. (May be fixed by http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,8259)
- HDMI out (perhaps will never work until ATT GB dump)
- BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)
I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;)
If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
Pay attention, because this matters.
- In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
- In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
- Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
- In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23
Flashing from RED CWM
When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
- Flash CM7 zip
- Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
- Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
- You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
- Go to "mounts and storage"
- select format /system
- Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
- Reboot into CM7 goodness