[How to] Unroot Toshiba Thrive
Well for those that were curious, you can unroot the Thrive. Some may want to, pending Toshiba's rumored update to fix the sleep of death either this week or next. now again, this WILL UNROOT THE DEVICE, so no superuser apps can be used. It won't delete you data, apps, settings, ect. Nothing will be affected. I did mine differently, but dalepl wrote up the instructions before I did, so credit it technically his.
"OK, for you or anyone else that needs to unroot thier Thrive, here are the steps to follow:
1. First, if you removed any files or used Titanium Backup to freeze any apps, you need to undo this.
2. If you renamed the two files that restore the recovery image, you need to rename them back.
3. Delete all files from the /system/xbin directory except dexdump
4. Delete su from the /system/bin directory (if there)
5. Delete Superuser.apk from the /system/app directory
6. Reflash from fastboot the stock boot image
a. Thrive rebooted into fastboot - first icon on the recovery menu
b. fastboot flash boot boot.img (or whatever the file is named)
7. Reflash from fastboot the stock recovery image
a. Should alredy be in fastboot
b. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (or whatever the file is named)
Once this is done, reboot and the device should start normaly without root.
Stock boot image: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...0Filesonic.com
Stock recovery image: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...0Filesonic.com
See his original post on thrive forums: http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/to...ot-backup.html
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー
The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core
My Galaxy S III rooted, like a BOSS
Teh Kernel kill count: 3 </3
If you wanna chat, message me. teh roxxorz is also my XBL gamertag and tehroxxorz666 is my PSN tag.
Thanks to everyone to registered to dropbox via my link, you know who you are.
For the first time in XDA HISTORY! > I wore a sig...this feels....awkward