(How To) Transparent Power Control Widget
A couple people have asked how my power control widget is transparent so I thought I would share the simple process.
Disclaimer: blah blah we have all seen it, this modifies settings.apk so it can put you in a boot loop. (Keep a current backup)
**This info is already online and I just tried to organize it in an easy to follow manner, there are also multiple ways to achieve the end result**
Ninjamorph (free in market) and a File manager/explorer (I use root explorer)
1: open ninjamorph, grant SU and let it perform its checks. It will probably error on SD card space. Reopen it and you should get no errors (unless you are in usb transfer mode)
2. Select new project and navigate to /system/app/settings.apk
3. Ninjamorph will extract the files to /Sdcard/AndroidThemes/Workspace/settings.apk
4.Back out of ninjamorph and find the files I have attached at the bottom.
note: if you do not want RED active (on) lights only use the appwidget_bg.9.png file (this will leave the "on" setting green
5. In Root Explorer (or your file manager) copy these files and navigate /SDcard/AndroidThemes/Workspace/settings.apk/res/drawable-hdpi.
6. Paste the files. They will overwrite the existing appwidget_bg.9.png along with appwidget_settings_ind_on (left center and right) 4 files total.
7. Back out of root explorer and reopen Ninjamorph.
8. Go back in Ninjamorph and hit back until you can select "Finish Project" near the botton of the app
9. Select settings.apk and let it do its thing. It will ask if you would like to zipalign. choose yes. It will ask to clean up the project. Choose no or yes, doesnt matter since you replaced the files with your file manager.
10. All done! The phone will reboot and you can now add your transparent power control to the home screen
link to PNG files