XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][6.35][32A/32B?] FroyoDragon 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012) :D

Tip us?

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfood View Post
Same for me, tried installing multiple times. Using the stock theme now.
same here, except i cant use stock theme either. it just reboots then hangs at the little green android lol.

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevildoerxx View Post
ok soon as i get some time ill get to it, thnx for response and for a great rom..hope i get my issues sorted.
edit: i managed to get logcat for camera but not for install as yet. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76032270/log.txt
Okay, thanks! I'm looking into it. I'm wondering: When you open the camera app, does the interface show (with a black screen) and then it hangs? or just plain black screen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
I'm using the 0.8 now, but with the stock interface. When i choose the froyodragon interface in the installer, the phone got a FC (com.google play something)while applying the theme, and then it runs into a boot loop, i guess it's because the installation process was not finished.
It's a pity i can't use the new look of this rom, it's a great rom, the speed is sooooo fast~ i'm very happy about it. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverfood View Post
Same for me, tried installing multiple times. Using the stock theme now.
Okay guys, could you please upload a logcat for me (it will be two logcats) of the install process (post-AROMA) when you choose the FroyoDragon Experience mod? it will be one while it installs and another one when it bootloops. It would GREATLY help me to debug the issue. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jejer View Post
AROMA Installer is so cool!
Hehe thanks! glad you like it
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
when i start the camera app it just goes black then asks to force close..
The Following User Says Thank You to xevildoerxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neoman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
@darkguy2008: i will upload the logcat to you as soon as i have some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Neoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mawtin
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Is there any other differences other than the theme?
Had some trouble installing the FroyoDragon experience, using stock right now. But very stable and fast rom

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
when i start the camera app it just goes black then asks to force close..
I see, then it's a libs problem, as the APK loads correctly. Have you tried using a Froyo 2.2 ROM intended for 32B and replacing this ROM's camera libraries with theirs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
@darkguy2008: i will upload the logcat to you as soon as i have some time.
Okay cool, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawtin View Post
Is there any other differences other than the theme?
Had some trouble installing the FroyoDragon experience, using stock right now. But very stable and fast rom
Not really, the whole ROM is optimized regardless of the chosen option. There's also some extra APKs (BatteryBar for now) installed and some apps come pre-configured to my personal (and suggested through this forum) taste, but other than that, not really. The theme is 100 times better than the stock one though XD.

---
0.8.1 released!!

Yup, I got another phone to restore (actually, to give support to) so I was able to see what went wrong with the FroyoDragon Experience install. It seems the fixed superuser wasn't being ran and that's why the installer never got executed. It's fixed now, plus a couple of installer bugs I found got fixed and some apps got updated

It's perfectly fine to flash it now and use both install options as you wish .

Have fun! ^_^.

Check the main post for download links
Current devices:
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
I see, then it's a libs problem, as the APK loads correctly. Have you tried using a Froyo 2.2 ROM intended for 32B and replacing this ROM's camera libraries with theirs?
Im not sure how to go about that...do i just unzip the rom replace the lib and rezipp? and iff so what exactly am i replacing and where do i find em lol. thanks for all the help btw.

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Im not sure how to go about that...do i just unzip the rom replace the lib and rezipp? and iff so what exactly am i replacing and where do i find em lol. thanks for all the help btw.
Oh, heh, well you need ADB first, it's faster.

Do "adb remount" and then using "adb pull" you back up the libraries in /system/lib (can do "adb pull /system/lib mybackupdir") and then using adb push you upload selected libraries to the phone's system (like "adb push libcamera.so /system/lib/libcamera.so") and then try to open the camera app. If it doesn't, try with another library containing words like "camera" and such, and see the logcat output.

I don't have the phone with me anymore, but I'd suggest trying with libcamera.so and libcameraservice.so. One at a time.

If nothing works, upload your old libs and you're good to go. I'd recommend a nandroid backup, just in case .

Good luck! please post your findings, so I can try to help you and other guys using 32B phones
Current devices:
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:

xevildoerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguy2008 View Post
Oh, heh, well you need ADB first, it's faster.

Do "adb remount" and then using "adb pull" you back up the libraries in /system/lib (can do "adb pull /system/lib mybackupdir") and then using adb push you upload selected libraries to the phone's system (like "adb push libcamera.so /system/lib/libcamera.so") and then try to open the camera app. If it doesn't, try with another library containing words like "camera" and such, and see the logcat output.

I don't have the phone with me anymore, but I'd suggest trying with libcamera.so and libcameraservice.so. One at a time.

If nothing works, upload your old libs and you're good to go. I'd recommend a nandroid backup, just in case .

Good luck! please post your findings, so I can try to help you and other guys using 32B phones

sounds complicated lol, im currently trying to install the update but its bin at froyodragon please wait for like half an hour now lol...i'll do some reading up on the whole adb and see what i find.

darkguy2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 223

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
sounds complicated lol, im currently trying to install the update but its bin at froyodragon please wait for like half an hour now lol...i'll do some reading up on the whole adb and see what i find.
It is, a little bit, once you get used to it, it's pretty useful . Huh, that's not normal, did you do a full wipe? which option did you choose? can you please post a logcat?
Current devices:
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:

Tags
6.35, dream, froyo, magic, rom