Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 46,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSM-Only Android Development for EVO 3D

Tip us?

Delano.888
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghisy View Post
@Delano.888, do you plan on using the Revolutionary tool to s-off and root your phone?

I would LOVE to know if it also works on the Euro Evo 3D!
Nope, I'm going to wait with the rooting till it's fully done and with unlocked boot loader. Shouldn't take too long..

Also: I think al GSM phones have simcard slots? Because that's how gsm works right?
If you don't have a NOTE2 well you don't have a NOTE2 :P

metko
Old
(Last edited by metko; 3rd August 2011 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..
Nokia 5800>Htc HD2>iPhone 4>Samsung Galaxy SII>Htc One X(retired worst phone i ever had)>Samsung Galaxy SIII>Samsung Galaxy S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)

Nerds2You
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

Rogers has announced that theirs WILL be released with an unlocked bootloader.

t3project
Old
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano.888 View Post
Nope, I'm going to wait with the rooting till it's fully done and with unlocked boot loader. Shouldn't take too long..

Also: I think al GSM phones have simcard slots? Because that's how gsm works right?
that's that revolutionary does. it fully unlocks the bootloader

PRELUDE777
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just in case if anyone wants a gsm version!!! ships from New-York so for all of us in US can rejoice

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle

metko
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds2You View Post
I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

today htc updated their page and they said all the new and upcoming devices will come with locked bootloader but you it will be possibly to unlock them officialy from htc but you will lose your waranty so i dont belive it will come unlocked
by the way anyone got it in europe? i cant decide evo 3d or the upcoming iphone :S
Nokia 5800>Htc HD2>iPhone 4>Samsung Galaxy SII>Htc One X(retired worst phone i ever had)>Samsung Galaxy SIII>Samsung Galaxy S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fightspit
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by metko View Post
So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..
Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
[/hide][/SIZE]
The Following User Says Thank You to Fightspit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metko
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightspit View Post
Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
i had a hd2 wich i sold and it was an awsome phone and its specs are like the iphone 4,now i got iphone 4 and when i compare them it looks like the iphone is years ahead of the hd2 (wich was runing android ofcourse),i gave the iphone 4 to my dad and now geting a new device so dont know should i get the evo 3d or wait for a new iphone or a new droid (nexus prime or something like that)

Reeonimus
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds2You View Post

Best buy is getting them tomorrow and theirs will be $50 cheaper on a 3 year contract/upgrade selling at $99. I've also heard that you can cancel your pre-order with Rogers at no cost if you want to try to get one from best buy. Good luck!
Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
ROM: Vanilla RootBox

Device: Nexus 7
ROM: Vanilla RootBox

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later" - Mitch Hedberg

Flashmaniac
Old
(Last edited by Flashmaniac; 4th August 2011 at 08:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 473
I've got mine already in germany.
They are already shipped with s-off bootloaders.
Unfortuantly the HBOOT is locked down.
Gingerbreak made it possible to root, PG86IMG.zip made it possible to flash a custom recovery.
By the way.. the code name for the wwe Version is Shooter_U

Here a screenshoot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.08.11 - 1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	677479