Thread Closed

GSM-Only Android Development for EVO 3D

OP svetius

3rd August 2011, 10:59 PM   |  #21  
Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 23
 
356 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghisy

@Delano.888, do you plan on using the Revolutionary tool to s-off and root your phone?

I would LOVE to know if it also works on the Euro Evo 3D!

Nope, I'm going to wait with the rooting till it's fully done and with unlocked boot loader. Shouldn't take too long..

Also: I think al GSM phones have simcard slots? Because that's how gsm works right?
3rd August 2011, 11:16 PM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Flag prizren
Thanks Meter: 28
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..
Last edited by metko; 3rd August 2011 at 11:21 PM.
4th August 2011, 03:14 AM   |  #23  
Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

Rogers has announced that theirs WILL be released with an unlocked bootloader.
4th August 2011, 05:44 AM   |  #24  
t3project's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,373
 
1,543 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delano.888

Nope, I'm going to wait with the rooting till it's fully done and with unlocked boot loader. Shouldn't take too long..

Also: I think al GSM phones have simcard slots? Because that's how gsm works right?

that's that revolutionary does. it fully unlocks the bootloader
4th August 2011, 07:40 AM   |  #25  
PRELUDE777's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Just in case if anyone wants a gsm version!!! ships from New-York so for all of us in US can rejoice

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle
4th August 2011, 10:50 AM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag prizren
Thanks Meter: 28
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds2You

I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

Rogers has announced that theirs WILL be released with an unlocked bootloader.

today htc updated their page and they said all the new and upcoming devices will come with locked bootloader but you it will be possibly to unlock them officialy from htc but you will lose your waranty so i dont belive it will come unlocked
by the way anyone got it in europe? i cant decide evo 3d or the upcoming iphone :S
4th August 2011, 11:16 AM   |  #27  
Fightspit's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 339
 
1,052 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metko

So the evo 3d is availible in europe i dont mean the whole europe but somhere in europe? I realy wanted it then lost interest on it (cause of the release date) now im not sure is it a good buy or maybe wait for september/october to see what appe is going to do with its new iphone 5...im not sure what to do..

Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Fightspit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2011, 02:40 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag prizren
Thanks Meter: 28
 
665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightspit

Iphone 5 ? WTF ? XD

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

i had a hd2 wich i sold and it was an awsome phone and its specs are like the iphone 4,now i got iphone 4 and when i compare them it looks like the iphone is years ahead of the hd2 (wich was runing android ofcourse),i gave the iphone 4 to my dad and now geting a new device so dont know should i get the evo 3d or wait for a new iphone or a new droid (nexus prime or something like that)
4th August 2011, 08:32 PM   |  #29  
Reeonimus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 24
 
451 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerds2You

I am on the waiting list for the UMTS (GSM) version from Rogers (#111 on the list). The emails say August arrival in them, but no firm date.

The Rogers version should have proper Caller ID (name AND number) I am really hoping that any ROM's that get developed keep this functionality as it is super important for us on the Rogers network who pay extra for that service.

Rogers has announced that theirs WILL be released with an unlocked bootloader.

Best buy is getting them tomorrow and theirs will be $50 cheaper on a 3 year contract/upgrade selling at $99. I've also heard that you can cancel your pre-order with Rogers at no cost if you want to try to get one from best buy. Good luck!
4th August 2011, 08:41 PM   |  #30  
Flashmaniac's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 473
 
1,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
I've got mine already in germany.
They are already shipped with s-off bootloaders.
Unfortuantly the HBOOT is locked down.
Gingerbreak made it possible to root, PG86IMG.zip made it possible to flash a custom recovery.
By the way.. the code name for the wwe Version is Shooter_U

Here a screenshoot:
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.08.11 - 1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	677479
Last edited by Flashmaniac; 4th August 2011 at 08:49 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in EVO 3D GSM Android Development by ThreadRank