Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL]Ask team d3rp your EVO 3D questions!

Tip us?

samgrin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Duce View Post
You don't know what rom you're on? And if you flashed a kernel? Lol. My theory would be try a full wipe - would help me to know what recovery you have also. Then flash a rom and do not restore any system apps. Let it run for a day or two and see if it's better.
Like i said, I'm a noob !!!!
If it helps any, I never installed any custom roms,
only thing i did was root the phone.

I would need some help (alot) to do a full wipe.
and flash a rom (absolutely no clue how to do any of that)

Thx for your patience.

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 16411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgrin View Post
Like i said, I'm a noob !!!!
If it helps any, I never installed any custom roms,
only thing i did was root the phone.

I would need some help (alot) to do a full wipe.
and flash a rom (absolutely no clue how to do any of that)

Thx for your patience.
oh sorry I just assumed you had...
anyway first you'd need to find a stock ROM so you can flash it. if you do that then come back and I'll walk you thru how to wipe and flash. Also make sure you have a custom recovery as well (you probably installed one as part of rooting)

MOHAMMAD-ALI91
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there an external antenna port on the EVO 3D? If so, where is it?

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 16411

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAMMAD-ALI91 View Post
No. The antennae are internal.

vanessaem
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 9277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAMMAD-ALI91 View Post

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe you can find a Micro USB antenna adapter online.

samgrin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Duce View Post
You don't know what rom you're on? And if you flashed a kernel? Lol. My theory would be try a full wipe - would help me to know what recovery you have also. Then flash a rom and do not restore any system apps. Let it run for a day or two and see if it's better.
No clue what rom, probably original, never changed it, just rooted the phone.
got the instructions to root from this site, and believe me, it was a miracle I actually did it.

As for a full wipe, and flashing a rom, unfortunately, I'm going to need alot more help than that, I'll need a step by step guide for dummy noobs !!!!

Sorry for the trouble, just very frustrated, should have never rooted my phone to begin with, way out of my league, but all my friends told me it was the best thing to do.
Gonna probably end up smashing it with a hammer and get a new one !!!

vanessaem
Old
Thanks Meter 9277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgrin View Post
No clue what rom, probably original, never changed it, just rooted the phone.
got the instructions to root from this site, and believe me, it was a miracle I actually did it.

As for a full wipe, and flashing a rom, unfortunately, I'm going to need alot more help than that, I'll need a step by step guide for dummy noobs !!!!

Sorry for the trouble, just very frustrated, should have never rooted my phone to begin with, way out of my league, but all my friends told me it was the best thing to do.
Gonna probably end up smashing it with a hammer and get a new one !!!

Haha...don't get the hammer just yet. I know you said you never put a rom on your phone and you'd like to unroot but you can always flash a stock rom that has all of the updates already.

I remember the first time I rooted. I was like you, I hadn't the slightest idea what to do or where to go for help. Google was my friend. I never even heard of this site before. I know root stuff can be daunting but it's not bad.

Anyway, it took forever for me to put a rom on my phone after rooting. I was sort of scared to. However, after my phone starting giving me problems, I read that putting a rom on the phone would help a lot believe it or not.

If possible, as I stated above, try finding either a stock or custom rom that has all the updates already.

And no worries, we're here to help.

GrimReaper24
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post
Haha...don't get the hammer just yet. I know you said you never put a rom on your phone and you'd like to unroot but you can always flash a stock rom that has all of the updates already.

I remember the first time I rooted. I was like you, I hadn't the slightest idea what to do or where to go for help. Google was my friend. I never even heard of this site before. I know root stuff can be daunting but it's not bad.

Anyway, it took forever for me to put a rom on my phone after rooting. I was sort of scared to. However, after my phone starting giving me problems, I read that putting a rom on the phone would help a lot believe it or not.

If possible, as I stated above, try finding either a stock or custom rom that has all the updates already.

And no worries, we're here to help.
Lol rooting can be pretty easy just alot of reading and following the directions to the . Nothing you can't fix if you mess up... Just don't pull the usb cord out in the middle of a flash if your using a computer to flash something or yank the battery out Your pretty much safe...
-XDA MODERATOR-
HERE TO HELP.
Drop me a thanks if you liked the help.

vanessaem
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 19th March 2012 at 10:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper24 View Post
Lol rooting can be pretty easy just alot of reading and following the directions to the . Nothing you can't fix if you mess up... Just don't pull the usb cord out in the middle of a flash if your using a computer to flash something or yank the battery out Your pretty much safe...

When I first rooted my OG Evo it look like 10 hours???

Of course it was total user error.

<<< Herb...

P.S.
HTC Hero took an hour and a half.
HTC Evo 3D about the same...lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanessaem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrimReaper24
Old
(Last edited by GrimReaper24; 20th March 2012 at 12:05 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessaem View Post
When I first rooted my OG Evo it look like 10 hours???

Of course it was total user error.

<<< Herb...

P.S.
HTC Hero took an hour and a half.
HTC Evo 3D about the same...lol.
Lmao that's funny it does take alot of time if your new to things... I started out with the EVO and root back in the day Was a noob..

Took me about 10 mins lol on the EVO read the stuff used unrevoked
Evo 3D took about 5 mins to read up on since I have a hboot 1.5 dev method was just as easy as the Unrevoked part

Now when it comes to themeing lol I still am learning something new every day trial and error and borked apps at times
-XDA MODERATOR-
HERE TO HELP.
Drop me a thanks if you liked the help.

Tags
bricked, derrrp, evo 3d, frozen, hboot, i can haz apple, noob, recovery, valhalla
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe