5,599,190 Members 35,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL]Ask team d3rp your EVO 3D questions!

Tip us?

il Duce
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor / Themer / Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 16348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carn2k View Post
Hi I have a EVO 3D GSM from Rogers on the stock ROM which is build 1.20.631.3.
I upgraded the software using OTA update and since then, the phone randomly reboots once a day while in my pocket without doing anything. I only installed a few third party apps which are commonly used and even tried a factory reset to try and fix the reboot issue. I searched online but the reboot problem for Rogers EVO 3D they say is not widespread. I even tried reflashing the stock RUU and then upgrading again but the problem comes back. Does anyone have any other suggestions to what could be causing the reboot?
sounds like maybe:
1 - hardware
2 - (more likely) the update contained some new firmware bits that your phone doesn't like. You could in theory leave it on the older RUU to keep the good firmware, then flash a custom ROM that has the software updates from teh new RUU.
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carn2k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rogers EVO 3D GSM random reboots

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Duce View Post
sounds like maybe:
1 - hardware
2 - (more likely) the update contained some new firmware bits that your phone doesn't like. You could in theory leave it on the older RUU to keep the good firmware, then flash a custom ROM that has the software updates from teh new RUU.

Ok Thanks, I will try that. I had one other thought as well. Is it possible that the SD card that came with the phone could be corrupted or have some issues which somehow may be responsible for these random reboots? Would it be worth to try backing up all the data from the SD Card, formatting it, and reflash original RUU to see if that makes any difference?

il Duce
Old
Thanks Meter 16348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carn2k View Post
Ok Thanks, I will try that. I had one other thought as well. Is it possible that the SD card that came with the phone could be corrupted or have some issues which somehow may be responsible for these random reboots? Would it be worth to try backing up all the data from the SD Card, formatting it, and reflash original RUU to see if that makes any difference?
sure you can always try and see.

carn2k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
sure you can always try and see.

Ok I will give this a try and monitor for a few days to see if the reboots happen after formatting SD Card.

chainsawk
Old
(Last edited by chainsawk; 15th April 2012 at 01:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, I am pretty new to rooting so your help would be greatly appreciated. I rooted my phone using the revolutionary method found on evo hacks. Every thing seemed ok exept when I rebooted from recovery. The phone would want to send a report to htc. I downloaded rom manager from the market and installed recovery 5.0.2.0. from rom manager. When I try to do anything from recovery I just get the hat with the arrow under it, no action. It is like this for every command. I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot. I tried to install 4.0.1.5 from fastboot, using cmd prompt, but I get an error- something about partition. The phone seems to work ok, but I cannot do anything with recovery.

Phone: Rogers evo 3d (gsm)
HBOOT:1.49.1107 (I think this got changed when I ran revolutionary)
S-Off

How do I install a recovery that works? Do I need to unroot my phone?

il Duce
Old
Thanks Meter 16348

DONATE TO ME
Delete rom manager application. Reflash recovery via fastboot. Then boot recovery from there. Should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to il Duce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chainsawk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Delete rom manager application. Reflash recovery via fastboot. Then boot recovery from there. Should work.
Thank you very much, that worked like a charm. I was entering a wrong command.

Is it normal to get a "Tell Htc" warning when you reboot with this recovery. (cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru) Still on stock rom.

il Duce
Old
Thanks Meter 16348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawk View Post
Thank you very much, that worked like a charm. I was entering a wrong command.

Is it normal to get a "Tell Htc" warning when you reboot with this recovery. (cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru) Still on stock rom.
Yeah that's a system app that turns on at first boot.

Drkman7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Contact Photo clarity

I have a problem with the clarity of the photos that I save to contacts or photos thatare linked to my contacts. The photos can be clear,good pics,even if taken with my phone(Evo 3D) but when that person calls or I call that person the photo is of poor quality,blurry even. Is there a fix for this? My phone is rooted with a ZR3D rom,Android version 2.3.4 & HTC Sense version 3.0. The thing is that I've had this problem months before I rooted the phone. I thought the root might fix it

vanessaem
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8489

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkman7 View Post
I have a problem with the clarity of the photos that I save to contacts or photos thatare linked to my contacts. The photos can be clear,good pics,even if taken with my phone(Evo 3D) but when that person calls or I call that person the photo is of poor quality,blurry even. Is there a fix for this? My phone is rooted with a ZR3D rom,Android version 2.3.4 & HTC Sense version 3.0. The thing is that I've had this problem months before I rooted the phone. I thought the root might fix it

Try reducing or cropping your image to 96x96. If that doesn't work, I found another solution that may help but try that first.

Tags
bricked, derrrp, evo 3d, frozen, hboot, i can haz apple, noob, recovery, valhalla
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe