YES 30 96.77%
NO 0 0%
I KILLED MY PHONE 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

[TUTORIAL]LG Optimus one P500 with stock 2.3.3. ROM

Tip us?

dubravk0
Old
(Last edited by dubravk0; 15th September 2011 at 11:35 AM.) Reason: text corrections
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [TUTORIAL]LG Optimus one P500 with stock 2.3.3. ROM

After so many nights without sleep, i found solution for rooting new LG P500 official rom update.

DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK, I WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE !!!

Read instructions carefully

First of all, download archive from here and extract it to your desktop
And download driver pack from here

1. Back up all data with ASTRO file manager, you can find it on market.
2. Hard reset your phone either with system->privacy->erase all data or turning your phone off, and holding HOME,VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON.
3. After phone boots up, you have clean file system, then go to Applications, and turn on USB Debugging mode

NOW THE FUNNY PART

1. Connect your phone with usb cables, make sure you have installed all the drivers needed, and connect phone in DEBUGGING Mode (provided a bit upper on this post)
2. In the extracted folder called root on your desktop, go to ADB folder and start cmd7.exe if u run win7 or cmdXP.exe (run as administrator in both options) if ur pc runs win XP. (your address bar should like something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Desktop\root\ADB
3. After starting cmd7 or cmdXP, type following commands
Code:
adb devices
then
Code:
adb shell
(symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
Code:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
4. After doing this, REBOOT YOUR PHONE
5. After reboot, go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
6. Select GingerBreak method and press root button
7. After few seconds VOILA !!! You have rooted Optimus One.
8. REBOOT PHONE and update superuser app from market (mine was updated automatically)

To unroot device, follow steps from 1 to 6 in FUNNY PART and select unroot instead gingerbreak. and you will have unrooted device

I tried to root all kinds with android SDK and many others, and always had problems with force close. Running on this method for 3 days, and have no errors.

This is my tutorial, if u consider it helpfull, think about donating for cofee or beer.

Comments, Questions... post it below, i will read them and answer ASAP

EDIT : If you want to have beautiful CRT OFF Animation on your phone read tut here be sure to backup phonebook mine was deleted, but now i have crt off animation, which i looooove and think that is the second best thing to do after rooting
VIDEO IS LOCATED HERE
Nothing is impossible, and if it is, CALL 911
The Following 82 Users Say Thank You to dubravk0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

navin.shah
Old
Thanks Meter 1
why dont u post it on optimus one thread.....?????

dubravk0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin.shah View Post
why dont u post it on optimus one thread.....?????
I saw that here was some posts about rooting, i will copy my post or let Mod replace it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubravk0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yokes
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubravk0 View Post
1. Connect your phone with usb cables, make sure you have installed all the drivers needed (provided a bit upper on this post)
I have connected it in USB debugging mode and confirming that my LG Optimus One P500 with 2.3.3 Gingerbread is now rooted

Thanks for your effort
The Following User Says Thank You to yokes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fRosTed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, just "superusered" my p500, awesome. Thanks for the tutorial.

midzan21
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Dude nice tutorial... BTW Does this metod work with older version of Android on Optimus One (because I have one Optimus One with Gingerbread, and one with Froyo)...

GBU and all Croatians

dubravk0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
I would like to write in croatian, but... ok, i had two files on my comp. for older versions, but, i rooted mine 2.2.2 with gingerbreak file, i can post tutorial, or if u want to send u files and tut on mail.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubravk0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dubravk0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokes View Post
I have connected it in USB debugging mode and confirming that my LG Optimus One P500 with 2.3.3 Gingerbread is now rooted

Thanks for your effort
corrected in post, device MUST be in debugging mode, thanks for correction

al33m
Old
Thanks Meter 44
i tried the above method and was successful but the problem is that superuser app crashes when some other apps require root access..and more over setcpu is not working, only clocks stock mhz...

dubravk0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by al33m View Post
i tried the above method and was successful but the problem is that superuser app crashes when some other apps require root access..and more over setcpu is not working, only clocks stock mhz...
Try EXACTLY as written, because if you don't do like it is mentioned above, root will be wrong, and u will have app.crash on superuser. If Everything is done by my tut, your superuser app will be updated and phone rooted.

Try again, reading row by row

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubravk0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
lge, optimus, p500, root