Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][XWJW8] HYBRID v17.0 [Odex-Deodex][Multilanguage][21/07/2012][Standard-Lite]

Tip us?
 
vidvan
Old
#1501  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajidmkhan View Post
Hi,

before uploading i test all ROM my self atleast minimum 24 hours.

Regarding upload i setting personal server so soon u didnt need any hosting site for download ROM, i host it on my server.

cuz of bandwidth issue i uploded it on depositfile cuz i had gold account of it.
Hi Sajid,
Flashed your rom yesterday night and checked for 30 mins before going to bed. Looked great. Here is what i am seeing now. Is the odex and deodex are same as i could not find the apps mentioned in the odex rom.

1. When i woke up in the morning, the screen was blank even though i try to make it wake up . It looked like the phone died (Sleep of Death). I had to take out battery and power on again to bring the phone to life. The battery was fully charged yesterday night. Will keep on eye on this tonight.

2. Wifi and Phone is working fine.

3. Over scroll glow is grey instead of blue.

4. I did not see any other languages mentioned in post 1

5. SystemUI Mod: GSM/WiFi/Data Connection turns Blue not working. It is showing white/grey. I thought it would be green/blue.

6. Auto Rotating Dialer and Call screen not working.

7. Gingerbread and Latest Swype Keyboard - Only swype keyboard is there.

Probably these things you can add in sub versions.

1. 5 icons dock
2. Flip to silence
3. Some of the wall paper that you use.
4. Options to change the status bar to green/blue.

These are the links for some of the guys working on the mods. It would be great if you can add those mods also.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1405380

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=xwjw5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25043127
 
sajidmkhan
Old
#1502  
sajidmkhan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 739
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nagpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidvan View Post
Hi Sajid,
Flashed your rom yesterday night and checked for 30 mins before going to bed. Looked great. Here is what i am seeing now. Is the odex and deodex are same as i could not find the apps mentioned in the odex rom.
Yes Odex and Deodex are same as for lite as well as standard, only difference is one is Odex and Second is Deodexed, cuz i got few request or Odex and i test and found it is little faster then Deodex. difference in lite and standard is lite is only basic apps and standard had many apps

Quote:
1. When i woke up in the morning, the screen was blank even though i try to make it wake up . It looked like the phone died (Sleep of Death). I had to take out battery and power on again to bring the phone to life. The battery was fully charged yesterday night. Will keep on eye on this tonight.
I will check this Sleep of Death, cuz you are only who reporting it. if i found this issue i will look into it at first prirorty.
Quote:
2. Wifi and Phone is working fine.
Quote:
3. Over scroll glow is grey instead of blue.
Quote:
4. I did not see any other languages mentioned in post 1
All mention language is present there you just have to activate it, go to setting >Locate and Text > Select your Desire Keyboard and then in it go to language section and activate it, some time it download few KB i.e. for keyboard layout and dictonary. by default there is only English and Spanish.

Quote:
5. SystemUI Mod: GSM/WiFi/Data Connection turns Blue not working. It is showing white/grey. I thought it would be green/blue.
It is blue, there is 2 reasion cuz of it not showing to you.
1. either you getting bad signal cuz till u didnt got proper signal it didnt turn blue.
2. Might you didnt added your google account, cuz till u didnt add google account market didnt able to access and cuz of that it didnt turn blue (i can make it permenent blue but if i do so u didnt know when u are connected on network and when u didnt getting signals)
Quote:
6. Auto Rotating Dialer and Call screen not working.
yes dialer is not auto rotating

Quote:
7. Gingerbread and Latest Swype Keyboard - Only swype keyboard is there.
in standard version u found 2 keybvoard and if i add 2 keyboard in lite version then how it will be lite

Probably these things you can add in sub versions.
[QUOTE]
1. 5 icons dock : yes i will do it in next subversion
2. Flip to silence
3. Some of the wall paper that you use. : for this i will add one app by that u can get 1000s wallpaper as well as ringtones which i used in old version of hybrid

4. Options to change the status bar to green/blue : i didnt understand this
[/ QUOTE]
Quote:
These are the links for some of the guys working on the mods. It would be great if you can add those mods also.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1405380

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=xwjw5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25043127
Using
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with XWJW6 (2.3.6) HYBRID 15.0 & Semaphore 2.7.4
Nokia N900 with Meego 1.2
Nokia E71


The Following User Says Thank You to sajidmkhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vidvan
Old
#1503  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2012
Hi Sajid,
Here are few more observations. But i could say that the ROM is stable and i did not see any FC till now. I am using the "HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-STD-MULTI-WIPE.zip" version. Is the gtalk included in this ? If not, can you put the stock gtalk apk from 2.3.6 XWJW5. I could not find it any where else.

1. Initially with only GSM signal , it shows grey/white. Once i switch on the wifi, both wifi as well as gsm signal becomes green after few seconds. I never saw blue colour signal. Mentioning that both wifi and GSM signal is at full strength.

2. I never see the other languages that mention in the list. Some are there and some are not though i use English primarily. yes, it has only swype keyboard only.

3. Options to change the status bar icons/GSM/wifi signal to green/blue. What i meant is "Can we have options to select which colour we want (Green or Blue)".


Thanks
 
sajidmkhan
Old
#1504  
sajidmkhan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 739
Posts: 1,059
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nagpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidvan View Post
Hi Sajid,
Here are few more observations. But i could say that the ROM is stable and i did not see any FC till now. I am using the "HYBRID-v14.1-I9000XWJW5-ODEX-STD-MULTI-WIPE.zip" version. Is the gtalk included in this ? If not, can you put the stock gtalk apk from 2.3.6 XWJW5. I could not find it any where else.

1. Initially with only GSM signal , it shows grey/white. Once i switch on the wifi, both wifi as well as gsm signal becomes green after few seconds. I never saw blue colour signal. Mentioning that both wifi and GSM signal is at full strength.

2. I never see the other languages that mention in the list. Some are there and some are not though i use English primarily. yes, it has only swype keyboard only.

3. Options to change the status bar icons/GSM/wifi signal to green/blue. What i meant is "Can we have options to select which colour we want (Green or Blue)".


Thanks
use rom toolbox and change whatever colour u wish. red yellow blue or green.

for otherkeyboard search icon name swiftkey beta.


Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Using
Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with XWJW6 (2.3.6) HYBRID 15.0 & Semaphore 2.7.4
Nokia N900 with Meego 1.2
Nokia E71


 
legionfx
Old
#1505  
legionfx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 101
Join Date: May 2008

 
DONATE TO ME
i give up! change the damn uploads to mediafire, depositfiles sucks like hell!
 
go4saket
Old
(Last edited by go4saket; 30th April 2012 at 01:57 PM.)
#1506  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 241
Join Date: Sep 2010
Hi! Even I had the problem of black screen which you guys call sleep of death in the full version of Hybrid 4.1. This happened with me atleast 4-5 times in a day and then I finally shifted to the lite version today 5-6 hours back. Till now everything seems to be ok but I am still testing.

I have another problem. I am in Hybrid 14.1 Lite ROM with Semaphore 2.7.4 BM. My ringtones and notification volumes are set at the highest but still they are hardly audible. Is there a way to increase the sound???

Can you also upload SNS as I am unable to add my Facebook account?
 
go4saket
Old
#1507  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 241
Join Date: Sep 2010
Shifting back to my old ROM
 
saszseb
Old
#1508  
saszseb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 877
Posts: 4,097
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Can I grab this ROM as free?
Thanks.

Sent from IMM76I.
SGS GTI9000
ROM - KK 4.4
Modem - XXJVT
(If a thing is worth doing at all it's worth doing well.)
 
alkhafaf
Old
#1509  
alkhafaf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 636
Posts: 1,080
Join Date: Apr 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
I had the Sleep of Death twice, but with 14.0.I also faced some weird bug in the Face Lock ( sometimes it is written denied, but it makes unlock! !!!) , I don't know if this is fixed in the subversion 14.1

I wish I can try this update of the ROM if it's just uploaded to a good server. Can anyone upload it to mediafire or rapidshare after the permission of the author? and this would be much appreciated .


Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
 
vidvan
Old
#1510  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 107
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkhafaf View Post
I had the Sleep of Death twice, but with 14.0.I also faced some weird bug in the Face Lock ( sometimes it is written denied, but it makes unlock! !!!) , I don't know if this is fixed in the subversion 14.1

I wish I can try this update of the ROM if it's just uploaded to a good server. Can anyone upload it to mediafire or rapidshare after the permission of the author? and this would be much appreciated .


Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think it is fixed in 14.1. Version 14.1 has 14 toggle buttons added. I don't think anything else is fixed. Instead you can try SauRom which has a whole lot of features and mods.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=xxjw4


Thanks

Tags
i9000, i9000xxjvs, samsung galaxy s, sgs1, xxjvs
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes