[ROM+ADDONs][25/08] GingerWally v1.5 | STABLE | STOCK GB2.3.3 | 180MB
This ROM is based on the official GingerBread release from HTC (3.14.405.1).
The main feature is that it fits into a Data++ partition table
without needing SD-Card partitioning and at the same time stays as close as possible to a Stock Sense ROM.
In order to do that, apart from the usual rooting, deodexing, etc., I removed all the applications that can be downloaded from the market and all the HTC applications that I dislike (see list).
Starting from v1.3 you have the possibility to flash back one or more applications that were removed (flashable zips/mods and instructions in 2nd post
So, what you get:
- HTC Desire Gingerbread 3.14.405.1
- Rooted (+ ChainsDD SuperUser 220.127.116.11)
- Stock HTC kernel
- Deodexed framework
- Odexed apps
- 207MB free on the data partition
(as of GingerWally v1.5)
- QuickSettings in Status bar (as in Sense 2.1)
- Some apps removed (see list)
- Market 3.1.3
- All live wallpapers and almost all ringtones removed
- Power-menu 4-in-1
- Updated fonts
- Flashable ZIPs of all the removed apps (2nd post)
- FIX for HTC launcher occasional restarts (see post #2
Note that I will never apply fixes/tweaks/mods without explaining them in details.
This means that you can be sure that you know what you are installing (I hate when rom cookers write in their changelog "other tweaks", "speed improvements", etc., without telling what they actually did.)
Some screenshots (thanks dsbnz)
- Odexed /system/app (now 207MB free space on /data)
- Added power-menu 4-in-1, (Thx 2WildFirE)
- Updated fonts (Thanks TVTV)
- Removed few remaining files from the live wallpapers: visualizationWallpapers, libRS.so, and librs_jni.so (Thx Sascha)
- FieldTest back from Froyo (if you don't now what it is, don't care, it just takes few KB)
- Removed all ringtones excluding the default one (i.e. Innovation)
- Removed PdfViewer and lib/libpdfreader.so
- Removed lib/libysshared.so (related to old flashplayer)
- Removed from /data all apps that can be installed from Market
- Quickoffice moved to /data (you won, you can finally uninstall it if you want)
- Market updated to 3.1.3
- Trackpad-to-Wake (works only if you also flash snq kernel)
- Removed RSS, Newsreader, and Newsreader widget (now flashable add-on)
- Updated Market 3.0.27
- Included battery percentage as default
- Removed Recentapps on QuickSettings
- Fix for Sense occasional restarts
- update market to 2.3.6 (NOT 3.x.x)
- Removed libflashplayer.so from system/lib
- Removed Calculator (on the market there are much better calc for free)
- Removed Bookmark widget
- Removed Flickr
- System partition has now ~7MB free, i.e. you can flash add-ons from 2nd post.
- Using Edify scripting
- Added Quick Settings on Status bar (thanks MrLuje)
- Removed other widgets
HTCprofile (downloadable from "get more widgets")
HTCringtone (downloadable from "get more widgets")
GPS,Bluetooth,WiFi, etc (QuickSettings is the way to go :) )
- Flickr is back
- Last versions of VoiceSearch, Maps, Street, Gmail on /data (updatable/uninstallable)
I am very open to suggestions and feedbacks, but I will NOT include A2SD+, D2EXT, or any other tweaks or mods that make the ROM diverging from the Stock one.
Someone might not agree but I always found that running everything in the internal memory is faster than on any SD-CARD.
So for me the answer was making a good use of the partitions, rather then moving stuff to the SD.
After first boot I get ~207MB space on /data (on v1.5), which is sufficient for my usage.
Clearly, A2SD+ remains the only choice for those users who install a very large number of applications, but I am not one of them and 200MB for me are fine.
- Data++ Hboot
- Latest Radio (5.17.05.23)
Be sure your phone is rooted, S-OFFed, and with Data++ Hboot.
1- Backup your data
2- Copy ROM zip and (optionally) add-ons to sdcard
3- Reboot to recovery
4- Wipe data, cache, and dalvik-cache
5- install the zip from sd-card
6- (optional) install add-ons
First boot might take a while...
-PdfViewer (including lib/libpdfreader.so)
-HTCringtone widget (installable from "get more widgets")
-HTCprofile widget (installable from "get more widgets")
-HTCsetting widgets (QuickSetting is the way to go)
-YouTube (installable from market)
-Flash Player light (including libflashplayer.so and libysshared.so on /system/lib/)
-Street View (installable from market)
-Gmail (installable from market)
-Google Maps (installable from market)
-VoiceSearch (installable from market)
APPS MOVED TO /data (updatable/removable):
Any feedback is appreciated.
for the kitchen;
for the QuickSettings on status bar.