[CF-ROOT] CF-ROOT for Gingerbread XXKPM-XXKPH-JPKP5 UPDATE 20.10.2011
First of all... Thanks Chainfire!!!! This is totally based on your work.... i made only some MOD....
Ok, the work is quite finished... the CF-ROOT for I9003 is ready!
I called this "beta version" (since i need your tests/opinions) but all might work.
IMPORTANT: This is only for KPH Firmware!!!
You can flash this over any other CWM or over the stock FW.
Many people will ask "Why i have to install this?"... because with this your phone will have:
- Root ( don't need to use SOC or any ZIP);
- Busybox 1.17.2;
- Sqlite3 v3.7.2;
- init.d support (you can put in the folder /system/etc/init.d all the script that you want to be loaded at the startup);
- New fixed CWM ( unyaffs issue has been fixed - offline charge fixed - USB storage mode while in CWM fixed);
- Add EXT4 support to the phone ( so you can convert the filesystem to ext4 to improve performance);
- full working CWM Manager (backup - restore - delete backup - install apk - flash update.zip - flash kernel - reboot to CWM);
- Tweaks Manager with various tweak ( Ram Min Free - SD Speed - I/O Scheduler - Kernel Scheduler - CPU Conservative Governor - Swappiness - Ram Script by Juwe11 - Media Stagefright)---> Many people asked for Juwe Ram Script ---> to enable it completely choose in the Tweaks Manager: Ram Script - Ram Min Free and Swappiness;
- Auto ZIP-Align on boot - You can choose it in the tweaks app(NEW)
- Reviewed tweaks values (some from darky's rom some from hardcore some from other post in XDA)( thanks to bigeyes0x0 and Misledz )(NEW)
- Custom Boot-Animation support (place your custom bootanimation in /system/media/ and call it sanim.zip)(NEW)
- other tweaks suggested by you...
- whatever can be added.
Let me know what you think
you can find the original post.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1- Flash with Odin the .tar file
or...if you went from a previous version of CF-ROOT
2- Download the .zip file into the external SD the open CWM Manager --> flash Kernel --> select the file you have just downoaded
If you cannot find the two apps on your app drawer maybe you haven't space left on /system so delete some unused apps like aldiko, delere /system/cfroot folder and reboot
IMPORTANT/2: after the flash the phone might take some time to boot. You might think that it freeze on Samsung Logo but it's normal cause the auto-zipalign proc need some time. Just Wait.
UPDATE: Added CF-ROOT with my custom kernel. This have Ext4 inside the kernel (no modules) and OC to 1.1 Ghz. I think that it is secure. I haven't test it very well so please report me the issues you will find.
If you like my works press the THANKS button!!!
And yes... you can also donate - to support my works - with the button under my nick...