XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with replacing LCD and touch screen

Tip us?

gbL420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Need help with replacing LCD and touch screen

I need help replacing the LCD and touch screen, i ordered a replacement LCD and touch screen from ebay but it only came with the pry tool not any screw drivers, i have my own but they dont seem to fit not even the smallest bit. if someone has tried this please help me out or if another samsung phone is similar link me, thanks

the cracks are on the LCD panel, not plastic layer

Dani897
Old
(Last edited by Dani897; 4th August 2011 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbL420 View Post
I need help replacing the LCD and touch screen, i ordered a replacement LCD and touch screen from ebay but it only came with the pry tool not any screw drivers, i have my own but they dont seem to fit not even the smallest bit. if someone has tried this please help me out or if another samsung phone is similar link me, thanks

get the replacment screen first, see what's included. it should be pretty east. the infuse comes apart pretty straitforward. just six screws a lot of prying. i didnt do a screen repacement so im not sure of everything. i just took it apart for s's&g's.

get a "precision scredriver set" or the little screwdriver for an eye glass repair set.

also you got all you nomenclature wrong. the infuse doesnt have an lcd. it uses amoled technology(samoled+). and the protective glass is just that. glass, garilla glass from corning to be precise. but you could call the amoled screen a tft (thin film transistor) i believe. not positive but i think tft applies to lcd as well as amoled
Optimus-Prime Old
Thanks Meter
i think what your going to need here is to heat up the from of the phone to get the screen to separate from the body of the phone. i looks like it is set up like the iPhone, glued to the frame. so if you see glue while prying it just heat it up real good then just separate it.

Dani897
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime View Post
i think what your going to need here is to heat up the from of the phone to get the screen to separate from the body of the phone. i looks like it is set up like the iPhone, glued to the frame. so if you see glue while prying it just heat it up real good then just separate it.
not sure bit most replacement screens I've seen for.Samsung phones have a lot more than the Tft. I don't think he'll need to separate the glass. but I guess that all depends on the screen he buys.

other than maybe for glass removal no glue is used that I can see. it is a pain to pry apart but it is not easy to break the plastic either. Samsung uses some tough plastics. a lot tougher than what HTC uses.

t0mmyr
Old
Thanks Meter 148
FARK! so i just f'ed up an infuse, we ordered the outer glass and back casing from china, it came today, and when i went to disassemble the infuse i found out the hard way that the digitizer was glued to the glass, not just around it but entirely, upon pulling it out the bottom (actual lcd) cracked the outer glass was already in glass shards and peices so i couldnt cleanly separate the glass from the digitizer, everything just went to hell, i tried putting it back together as it was functional before with just a cracked screen but now nothing comes up on the screen, sounds and vibration work but we cant answer phone calls wasted $40 to china and now have to get a complete top assembly to repair this phone
http://db.tt/n5SfkO84
fatwallet deals
device
HTC Rhodium 400
rom
MightyROM
radio
2.32.00WF
prl
pri
2.20_003
spl
1.00.OliNex
carrier
Sprint
logcat quote from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

su
adb logcat -v long > /sdcard/name_of_problem.txt

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
(Last edited by Judge Joseph Dredd; 16th March 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21423
Bro's...Dudes...

http://youtu.be/MZI6d59ufSc

YouTube is another awesome way to utilized for a reference....I YouTube how to replace a screen and watch that sucker till the wife literally pass out...she fell asleep while I played and replayed...til my mouse clicker broke...LOL

True Story...

BTW that pic of your phone sreen...OUCH...

Ballistic Case... on mine...

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.

hollywood528
Old
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675 View Post
Bro's...Dudes...

YouTube is another awesome way to utilized for a reference....I YouTube how to replace a screen and watch that sucker till the wife literally pass out...she fell asleep while I played and replayed...til my mouse clicker broke...LOL

True Story...

+1
Watch those Youtube videos over and over until you have the process down, and even watch and pause the video as you follow actually doing it. Ive done this with the iPhone HTC Aria and a couple other ones.. never had to with my Infuse.
I always have my Otterbox case on! Dropped TWO stories off a big metal forging machine at my work... phone still works great! True story!

How do you like your ballistic case? I just ordered one for my friends LG Nitro because the otterbox isn't available for it yet..
Looks to be around the same price.. but might have a little more protection... and the option of running it without the outside rubber case.... that might be a nice option for when I am not at work....

I love my Otterbox... but sometimes its just to f****** bulky!
LG Optimus G -E970
Please hit "THANKS" or "DONATE" if you feel I have been helpful, I will do the same. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollywood528 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erik111111
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbL420 View Post

Just spoke with Samsung at 1-888-987-4357.

They will repair for $155.

Seems like the way to go if needing repair.
HTC One - View my HTC One Pix
Samsung Emancipated Infuse 4G
ASUS Transformer Inifity

gatoraid84
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik111111 View Post
Just spoke with Samsung at 1-888-987-4357.

They will repair for $155.

Seems like the way to go if needing repair.
Hell no....I bet you don't fix **** around the house yourself

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

gatoraid84
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe2675 View Post
Bro's...Dudes...

True Story...

Ballistic case the best for this phone but still no match for a 3,000 lb car mine was similar but worse

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA