Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,443 Members 49,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touch Wiz update messed tab up please help!

Tip us?

tonyurquiza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Touch Wiz update messed tab up please help!

ok so here is what happened i have a stock US retail wifi only 16gb tab no clockwork recovery or none of that , im kind of a noob when it comes to that stuff, so today i received the update cool i downloaded it but it didn't install the first time for some reason. The it said a previous update was sucessfully downloaded but did not install do i wish to instal so i clicked yest and it said tab is about to reboot, clicked ok and it took me to this black and grey screen like the boot screen only with a loadbar and it zoomed to 100 percent. then i got the original samsung galaxy boot logo and the noise but no animation then the screen goes to this nasty screen with alot of colorful lines and dots everywhere and i cant see anything looks terrible.

Heres what i can do i can go into the bootloader by pressing power and volume. and i already tried to do a restore/wipe but didnt help, i can also plug it in to the computer and use the sd card and put and remove files from tab. im wondering if i can somehow get the update put it in the tab and install from there and see if it works or if i can get stock honeycomb and try to see if that works because they guy at samsung was clueless he didnt get the fact that i cant use the OS and said i need to get it serviced when i know its a software problem.

DINCguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
exact same thing happened to me! keep me posted

Rogdin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've just got absolutely the same problem. I have a stock wifi 32gb version.

hoodoomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
If you can get to your bootloader and sdcard still then why don't you just install CWM and try flashing the stock 3.1 OTA?

All the files you need and instructions are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1171089

Once you're done flash the stock recovery back and try the update again, or just wait for one of the devs to release a flashable zip.

tonyurquiza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
sorry if im mistaken but dont i need to be able to use the tab and install something from the market place to be able to install CWM thats what im getting from what i read?

DINCguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can't even get my bootloader. Holy f**k am I pissed. Does anyone have any ideas??

Rogdin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok. So I installed the Samsung Kies software. It recognizes the device and shows that the update is available. However, it says that the battery should be fully charged. So now I am waiting for the full charge to proceed.
Hope the Kies helps.

DINCguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'll try that too. ahh

hoodoomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurquiza View Post
sorry if im mistaken but dont i need to be able to use the tab and install something from the market place to be able to install CWM thats what im getting from what i read?
No.

Go to the thread I linked, download the files, watch the youtube video.

1. Install the GT-p7510_USB_Driver if you haven't already

2. Start Odin - untick the auto reboot option

3. Click PDA and choose recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5

4. Power up your tab and get it into download mode (power down + vol down, then vol up)

5. connect the tab to your PC, one of the boxes in odin should highlight yellow and say com 4 or whatever.

6. press start and it'll flash CWM to your tab

7. wait till it's done, it should only take a few seconds and the boxes will turn green.

8. power down your tab and unplug it from your pc

9. boot into CWM, (power down + vol down, vol down to select CWM, vol up to enter.

10. flash hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip

11. do a factory wipe in CWM and wipe davlik just to be safe

12. reboot, and hopefully you'll be back to stock 3.1

From here you can do whatever you want.

lordwinkevin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Connect it to a PC and there's a firmware recovery on KIES. Hope that works!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App