Desire HD just vibrates 7 times - please help

Search This thread

Richdagz

Oct 27, 2014
Help me guys im just a kid

When i turn on my htc desire (bravo) and boot it in recovery mode
And the logo is chinese or taiwanese i cant find which language is it
And i cant turn it on except hboot
Mt htc is not rooted,hboot unlock,and no recovery (like clockworkmod and others)

Please help me
Or please find what is my problem

pazeer

May 30, 2016
HTC desire 500 when your android is vibrating open the cover lit the battery up your phone will stop vibrating press the battery back try to turn your phone on by pressing power button and vol up do this few time your phone will turn on it work for me i hope it will work for you too

santos1911

Jul 29, 2012
cakovec
Woke up today, wanted to take of my HTC Desire 500 from my charger, when i noticed the phone was off and was showing empty battery... Tried to turn it on, 7 vibrations... Took another HTC Desire 500 that is my sisters and was at my place by chance. put the battery from my phone into hers, all good... factory resetted hers, updated everything from google play... restarted the phone... same thing... 7 vibrations... now tell me - what are the chances that TWO HTC desire 500 die on the SAME DAY from the SAME problem type - motherboard error? i'm thinking - a factory set up date when the phone is due to "die".

So pissed at HTC right now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

While on holiday I put my Desire HD on charge over night (was working fine at that point), but when trying to turn it on the next morning it just vibrated 7 times and that was it - the phone would do nothing. The phone doesn't respond to the hard reset process described on the HTC website and no lights come on at any point (not even when connected to the charger).

The only time the phone does anything, is when you eject the battery and re-insert it. At the point where the battery touches the contacts inside the phone, it vibrates 7 times again and nothing more. The phone has not been modified in any way and uses the original OS from HTC. All the phone does is vibrate 7 times when inserting the battery. Otherwise it's completely dead.

This would, I presume, normally be a simple warranty case (8 month old phone). However, in my desperation to reset/fix the phone, I tried pressing what I thought was a reset button underneath the SIM & memory card cover (with the tip of a pen). Instead of the 'click' that I expected though, it pierced what turned out to be a small black sticker - an action which HTC says has invalidated the warranty on my phone. They have now created a return reference for me, but I'm likely to be hit with a big bill for repair if/when I send the phone in.

I understand that confusing a sticker for a button is a stupid thing to do, but I can't change what I did and I genuinely thought that I was pressing a button on the back of the phone.

Is there any possible solution without having to send the phone in to HTC?

Thank you,
    Craig.
    Repaired

I just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I sent my phone in and the repair was carried out under warranty.

Regards,
    Craig.
    @wannes I had the same problem and what I did was use Ace Advanced Hack Kit and I downloaded the gingerbread rom and flash that through Ace and YOU WILL LOSE ROOT but if you want to root just use Ace to root it. Hope it helps

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
    While on holiday I put my Desire HD on charge over night (was working fine at that point), but when trying to turn it on the next morning it just vibrated 7 times and that was it - the phone would do nothing. The phone doesn't respond to the hard reset process described on the HTC website and no lights come on at any point (not even when connected to the charger).

For the record to help some of you out who ended up here Googling: I had a similar issue. My HTC Desire SV did not boot, and when charging, only had an orange flashing light, and the phone vibrated 7 times. I did 2 things that got it back up:
    1) left the phone off for say 10 minutes (I read about overheating issues in general, although the phone did not feel hot).
    2) removed the battery for a couple of minutes.

VERY IMPORTANT: for step 2: make sure to have the battery removed long enough to drain internal charge. I removed and installed the battery in a second or so at first, and still the phone did not boot. After leaving out the battery long enough, it booted again. It appears to me that the issue in my case was a rather big internal charge capacity which kept internal state (memory and/or CPU?) from booting. Hope this helps...