Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] All the sudden stuck at the ASUS animated boot screen

OP trevoryour

5th August 2011, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

267 posts
I'm not sure if this is in the wrong thread since my TF is rooted but I'm afraid to ask a question anywhere else at risk of being banned. I saw a few other posts about this but it wasn't clear if their circumstances matched mine so I figured I would create a new post about this.

Basically I decided to reboot last night to clean out any programs I had running and when I powered it back on I got back the first screen but when I got to the animated ASUS screen it just hangs. I see a little white circle animation at the bottom that appears and disappears randomly and it looks like the animation is restarting but it could just be how it normally looks. I let it sit all night and in the morning it was still in the same spot.

A few days ago I used the "One click" root method (Linux LiveCD with NVFlash scripted to root). Everything went fine and my TF was working great. Over the past few days I have loaded up all the apps I use and rebooted a few separate times. I have made a Titanium backup but I believe it backs it up to the internal memory so I believe the backup will be useless if I have to wipe.

The hacks I have done are below but I believe I have rebooted after all of them. I don't have clockwork installed so I installed the hacks manually using root explorer. All of the hacks have had the desired results so I believe they were done correctly.
  • Netflix Patch
  • Original Xoom menu icons
  • GPS calibration fix for Google Maps

I have ADB setup on a machine and I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get this working using ADB commands.

Please help.

Updated:
I was able to use ADB to restore the /system/framework/services.jar and services.odex from the backups I created. These files were replaced by me during the installation of the GPS Calibration fix that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1192617&page=4 and here http://tabletroms.com/forums/showthr...on-window-fix)

The update seemed to fixed the calibration bug and i'm pretty sure I have restarted since the installation of the fix but setting the files back to stock resolved my boot loop. Anyone have any commends, observations or explanations about this?
Last edited by trevoryour; 5th August 2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus splash, boot scree, stuck
Previous Thread Next Thread