Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

HTC inspire gingerbread update

OP mrluggs

5th August 2011, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Just wondering, have any of you received the update over WiFi yet ?
I called HTC and they said it has already been released, but they can't release it to all phones at once (server issues). I haven't, but I'd lov

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
5th August 2011, 05:53 PM   |  #2  
niezek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Clayton
Thanks Meter: 33
 
264 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
it may not be released yet we would have heard more about it by now
5th August 2011, 06:31 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
412 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2003
It got released yesterday the 4th. It is being sent out 10,000 at a time.

And yes the leaked version is the final OTA release.
5th August 2011, 07:44 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodough

It got released yesterday the 4th. It is being sent out 10,000 at a time.

And yes the leaked version is the final OTA release.

Where did you get your information on this?
5th August 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocodough

It got released yesterday the 4th. It is being sent out 10,000 at a time.

And yes the leaked version is the final OTA release.

This is correct.

They released it yesterday, but I had already installed the one that was "leaked". So today I compared the official release and the leaked one, and they are in fact the exact same thing. No need to wait to recieve it OTA, just go to the thread where the RUU is avaliable for download. It's all the same thing.
5th August 2011, 07:48 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
412 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2003
I work for AT&T.
5th August 2011, 07:53 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael15

This is correct.

They released it yesterday, but I had already installed the one that was "leaked". So today I compared the official release and the leaked one, and they are in fact the exact same thing. No need to wait to recieve it OTA, just go to the thread where the RUU is avaliable for download. It's all the same thing.

Including the GPS issues, and the removal of the HTC wifi update option?
5th August 2011, 08:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Does ruu involve rooting? And does the update cone with sense 3.0 .

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
5th August 2011, 08:11 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluggs

Does ruu involve rooting? And does the update cone with sense 3.0 .

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

No, but it will whipe all your data. And no, sense 2.1
5th August 2011, 08:12 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
After GB install. GPS doesn't work.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes