Nexus S 4G for an HTC Arrive

OP judoka209

5th August 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
More
Hey all, thought I would post this here since you all have some time under your belt with the HTC Arrive.
I have the opportunity today to trade my Nexus S 4G for an HTC Arrive. I really like the Metro UI and that keyboard is dreamy. Not a big fan of the tilted screen. Wish it could stay flat.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Good even trade? Would you go back to Android if you could? Is there a better Windows Phone 7 coming down the line I don't know about and should wait?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App
5th August 2011, 11:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bishopville, MD
Thanks Meter: 6

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really like my arrive, the keyboard is great (and a physical keyboard is a must for me) but I agree on the tilt screen, it does nothing for me other than making it more of a pain to close. I dont have any inside info or insight but I dont think I would count on another WP7 device coming to Sprint until 2012.

If you think you like wp7 I say go for it unless you really need 4G.
6th August 2011, 06:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 77

740 posts
Donate to Me
I have an Evo sitting in my desk right now and I'm sending this from my Arrive. I do like the WP7 UX better than Android, but the lack of available apps can be frustrating coming from an iOS or Android background.

Ultimately the choice is up to you, but I'm happy on the WP7 bandwagon.

Sent from my T7575 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
6th August 2011, 01:30 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bishopville, MD
Thanks Meter: 6

54 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess I should have mentioned that I came from a Palm Pixi and there are definitely some things I miss from webOS but app support is not one of them.
7th August 2011, 12:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag California

39 posts
More
Talking
Thanks for all the suggestions. It feels solid like you are holding quality stuff. The keyboard is fantastic. I forgot how wonderful physical buttons are.

I did go ahead and make the even trade. Beforehand I did look around and even if I would have sold the Nexus to buy an Arrive, the difference was minimal. So I did an even trade and we're both happy with the swap.

The UI is snappy and there is no lag or hiccups. If there is, I don't notice them. My signal has been good so far. Haven't tried the Telenav yet. Connecting to Xbox Live was more pleasing than I had anticipated.

Bought Fruit Ninja and when I heard that achievement unlocked sound I just popped a big ol smile. Looking forward to Mango. I'll miss my Nexus and definitely will miss some of my Android apps, but I'd trade all over again in a heart beat. This is a sweet phone.

Also, the Nexus' Super AMOLED display is the best and will definitely miss that. The Arrive's LCD is decent though and I'll get used to it.
7th August 2011, 12:24 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag California

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsamich

I guess I should have mentioned that I came from a Palm Pixi and there are definitely some things I miss from webOS but app support is not one of them.

I used to have a Pre. I LOVED that OS, but boy was the hardware lacking and the dev support is disheartening. It will always be the OS that should have won the Mobile OS race in my opinion. At least it inspired other companies to improve theirs. Mango is proof of that with the card view option which I am so looking forward to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread