Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FC when adding photos to album

Tip us?

RickNY1971
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] FC when adding photos to album

Does anyone else experience a force close of the Gallery when they attempt to add a photo to an album? I.E - Gallery.. Pick a picture.. Menu.. Add to album.

Thanks,
Rick

Brooose
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I am having force close issues and problems saving pictures when I was saving to my SD card. I switched to internal storage and everything is now fixed.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

twospirits
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Could it be the sd Card? What card do you have?

TS
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the Guidelines

Google plus user

scoobdude
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am having this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

I have tried, moving pics over to internal storage, formatting sd card and moving back, and even taking a new picture. So far no luck

RickNY1971
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
I never found a fix, and MR5 did not appear to fix the problem either.. This happens if my photos are stored on internal memory, or on a card..
The Following User Says Thank You to RickNY1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scoobdude
Old
Thanks Meter 72
guess I will hit the motor phoroms in the morning. Thanks for the update.

scoobdude
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Just wanted to update this. I also ran into the issue of not being able to record videos as well, or them being deleted if it did record.

A few hard resets later and i found a work around. Hard reset and clear cache, and only add your google account. then open the camera and set up the sd card etc. then go into gallery and add a pic and make an album. After that is should work. I am not sure if it the camera not searching the sd card or adding facebook that causes it, but this is what has worked for me on 3 occasions now.