Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OEM Acer Travel charger kit @ Walmart - $15

Tip us?

sephv1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default OEM Acer Travel charger kit @ Walmart - $15

So the A500 that I had bought this week did not come with the charger. Just in case anyone was looking for a replacement, the Walmart's near my house have the A500 travel charger kit in the stores. Online the price is $22 but in the store it was only $14.99! I thought it was a pretty good deal since usually power supplies for for $25-30 in B&M stores usually.

Online the cheapest i could find was the $22 at Walmart anyways for the OEM one. eBay has some, but they are mostly all knockoffs from China.

Here's the link: walmart.com/ip/Acer-A500P01/16560714

The cord is pretty short, which I think is the norm for these. Comes with the US, EU and UK adapter plates.

If you go into the store and give the clerk the number below, they should be able to find it for you. In my store it was near the other tablet accessories, small section.

Hope this helps someone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sephv1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cfrock
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Nice find.

EvoTastic
Old
Thanks Meter 1
very nice find. Now I can have one at home and one at the office plus keep one in my computer bag for that price
HTC Evo 3D - Android 2.3.3
HTC Evo View 4G - Android 3.2.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" - Android 2.3.4
Acer Iconia A500 - Android 3.1

mfpmax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just picked one up yesterday, wish it was a slimmer design though...however for someone brave enough they can make the cable longer instead of the stock short cable.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 - And...there goes my MicroSD card...AGAIN!

phonegunner
Old
(Last edited by phonegunner; 25th August 2011 at 11:17 PM.) Reason: Clarified where the spare power supply came from
Thanks Meter 3
I am planning on taking this power supply (the one I bought from Walmart as a spare) and modifying one of the included adapters (probably the US one since it is the lowest profile) taking off the AC prongs and re routing a long AC side cable to where the adapter attaches to the transformer making it look more similar to a laptop adapter with a cord at each end...

This way I could still use it with the standard adapters and also have a lower profile power supply to carry in the case (without having to remove the adapter)

Ted...

Lord Bodak
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It was $14.99 at my Wal-mart as well-- picked it up today.

prophetic
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bodak View Post
It was $14.99 at my Wal-mart as well-- picked it up today.
I must have a retarded Walmart where I live. They had no idea what I asked for, the dude just kept showing me iPhone accessories. Can you guys hook me up with a Walmart sku or something?

Lord Bodak
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetic View Post
I must have a retarded Walmart where I live. They had no idea what I asked for, the dude just kept showing me iPhone accessories. Can you guys hook me up with a Walmart sku or something?
The UPC code from my receipt is 088448399945, they should be able to look that up, I would imagine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Bodak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frankws
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophetic View Post
You must live in Oklahoma.
I once stopped at a Subway shop in Oklahoma to get a sub.
When asked what kind of cheese I wanted, I said "Provolone."
The girl said "what" and I again said "provolone."
She said, "provolone, what's that?'
True story.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankws For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kpfx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Awesome find - San Antonio

Thanks a million! You just saved me two weeks of not being able to use my Iconia!

I just got back from a trip and I think that I left the interchangeable plug part at the hotel. I was just about to order a new power supply on eBay (avg $14) but wasn't too happy about the idea of waiting two weeks for the thing to ship in from China.

Found one here at the Walmart in San Antonio for $14.95.

Tags
a500, charger