[APP] Writepad: handwriting optimized for stylus
UPDATE: September 17
* Flip view. Are you accidentally hitting the android system menu all the time? I am. Now you can flip the tablet over!
Probably the last update before I release 2.0. Woot!
UPDATE: September 16
* Custom pen color / size / transparency.
* Pretty icons!
UPDATE: September 12
Writepad 2 beta is out. Download below!
* Bigger eraser size. You can change size of eraser using the "style" menu.
* Lasso erase. Draw a closed path to erase everything inside it.
* Typing mode. Click the T icon to start typing. Click again to go back to writing mode. If you have a physical keyboard you can keep typing while in writing mode. (Note: the text will not export to PDF or any other format yet. still working on it.)
* Import images from SD card. You can resize the image by dragging on the lower left corner.
* Import from web. Use the mini browser to go to the site you want, then hit OK to import it to your page. Then you can draw on it. (The zooming is weird right now)
* Auto-scroll button. Located above the zoom button - this will automatically scroll from left to right, and then to the next line. Useful for those who like to write while zoomed in. You can hold down the button and reposition it to wherever you like.
A few more features coming. I'll polish up the icons too - they're ugly right now.
The beta version will install as a separate app called "Writepad 2 beta". Please email me if you find bugs!
I just got this stylus http://www.amazon.com/Newest-Generat...pr_product_top
and it is the best stylus I've used. Much smoother, smaller tip = better handwriting!
UPDATE: August 17
Been working hard to get this released. I had no idea that there'll be so much response on here, so I will start going through your comments tomorrow. For now: I've updated the release APK below. It has all the features of the one on the market, but will stop working on October 1st. The market version is here for $0.99 https://market.android.com/details?id=com.writepad
Thank you for your interest!! It means a lot to a first time developer
I'll be using this app myself to take math notes when school starts, so I'm trying to get some nice features in there. I want this app to be as close to writing on real paper as possible. Let me know what you think!
I made this on the Asus Transformer (Android 3.2) and am interested in how it works on other tablets. Nitpick away; I'll try to fix any bugs before I put it up on the Market. The market version will have support for multiple notebooks.
Smooth writing experience: no lag and no jitter between the stylus movement and the screen response.
Smart palm detection. Only records the writing from your stylus! (note: only works for right handed people now. will add the setting for left-handers later)
Export page and notebook: share the page as PNG file, or export the whole thing as a ZIP file to your dropbox or gmail.
Paper type: comes with four familiar paper types.
Stylus calibration: Instead of drawing where the stylus touches the screen, it will draw where you *think* the stylus tip is. Good for those thicker tip styluses.
I use a Griffin stylus: http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
, modded with the rubber grip from a Pentel pencil: http://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Twist-E.../dp/B00006IEH1