FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

App & Widgets from other tablets in one place! *Updated 10/24/11*

1,273 posts
Thanks Meter: 872
 
By b00sted, Senior Member on 6th August 2011, 02:03 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th March 2012, 02:53 AM |#171  
The Apostle's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Yea - connection froze up and I didn't think the first post went through.


Sent via Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 & Honeycomb
 
 
15th March 2012, 11:12 PM |#172  
labpedro's Avatar
Member
Kempston, Bedford
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
email app
Ok, I have finally given up trying to get the Asus email app working. Root tab, but when I try to copy or move the app to the system/app folder, it simply says copy failed.

Ah well
16th March 2012, 03:26 AM |#173  
Tugix1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by labpedro

Ok, I have finally given up trying to get the Asus email app working. Root tab, but when I try to copy or move the app to the system/app folder, it simply says copy failed.

Ah well

Worked for me, just use Root Explorer and mount the system/app folder from r/o to r/w, copy again, set right permissions and restart. Then u can use the widget. If you can't get it i'll do a tutorial for you. And it's only a widget, no client/app. Just sayin'.

Gesendet vom Galaxy Tab 10.1N via Tapatalk
Last edited by Tugix1; 16th March 2012 at 03:28 AM.
16th March 2012, 09:46 AM |#174  
MapleSyrup's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 821
 
Donate to Me
More
Another "ASUS Weather" version, works fine in ICS. Move to /system/app and change permissions if necessary (-rw-r--r--) with "Root Explorer".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AsusWeather.jpg
Views:	1059
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	949813  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Weather.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.92 MB, 351 views)
16th March 2012, 03:53 PM |#175  
Benzoman's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Illinois
Thanks Meter: 206
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugix1

Worked for me, just use Root Explorer and mount the system/app folder from r/o to r/w, copy again, set right permissions and restart. Then u can use the widget. If you can't get it i'll do a tutorial for you. And it's only a widget, no client/app. Just sayin'.

Gesendet vom Galaxy Tab 10.1N via Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing out it's only a widget. Couldn't figure why I couldn't find it even though getting everything set was easy.
I totally didn't even think to look for it as a widget.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app
16th March 2012, 08:39 PM |#176  
Tugix1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzoman

Thanks for pointing out it's only a widget. Couldn't figure why I couldn't find it even though getting everything set was easy.
I totally didn't even think to look for it as a widget.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Just seen during installation.. Wondered myself too, but its nice und minimalistic and its compatible to the stock mail app i like

Gesendet vom Galaxy Tab 10.1N via Tapatalk
16th March 2012, 11:02 PM |#177  
Neomoorea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere between my phone and my computer. ;)
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleSyrup

Another "ASUS Weather" version, works fine in ICS. Move to /system/app and change permissions if necessary (-rw-r--r--) with "Root Explorer".

Hi, do you also have "Asus email widget" working on ICS, please ? The one i have is only working with honeycomb.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P7510 avec Tapatalk
17th March 2012, 04:52 AM |#178  
MapleSyrup's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 821
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomoorea

Hi, do you also have "Asus email widget" working on ICS, please ? The one i have is only working with honeycomb.

This one works in ICS, just move it to /system/app

----

Also, for anyone that is interested, here is a version of "Samsung Apps" that works well with ICS (install it like a normal apk).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-16 21.28.46.png
Views:	879
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	951047  
Attached Files
File Type: apk EmailWidget.apk - [Click for QR Code] (40.6 KB, 422 views)
File Type: apk SamsungApps_TAB.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.99 MB, 448 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MapleSyrup For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2012, 05:06 PM |#179  
Neomoorea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere between my phone and my computer. ;)
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Wink
Hi, thanks so much.

EDIT : It works !!! Thanks again, i was looking for it for a long time....
Last edited by Neomoorea; 17th March 2012 at 05:14 PM.
19th March 2012, 07:34 AM |#180  
Neomoorea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Somewhere between my phone and my computer. ;)
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Hi, MapleSyrup, is it possible to have the weather widget resized ?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P7510 avec Tapatalk
Last edited by Neomoorea; 19th March 2012 at 08:38 AM.
19th March 2012, 04:19 PM |#181  
apedropais's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomoorea

Hi, MapleSyrup, is it possible to have the weather widget resized ?

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P7510 avec Tapatalk

Definitely you can, if your launcher allows resizing. I'm on Galaxy Note , ICS AOSP ROM, and apex launcher, and I can resize it.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes