Post Reply

App & Widgets from other tablets in one place! *Updated 10/24/11*

6th August 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #11  
b00sted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mount Morris NY
Thanks Meter: 872
 
1,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGarrett

Hey is it possible to get the File Manager from the Toshiba Thrive? I have both the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Toshiba Thrive. I would like the file manager app from the Thrive installed and working on my 10.1

thnx

I will pull teh apk tonight and see but most of the time that stuff dont transfer over well tablet to tablet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b00sted For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Screen shots. I could only fit 8 pictures but most of the Toshiba games look the same. Thank you TW for screen capture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toshiba water.jpg
Views:	4122
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	679420   Click image for larger version

Name:	toshiba media player.jpg
Views:	4198
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	679421   Click image for larger version

Name:	acer digital clock.jpg
Views:	3978
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	679422   Click image for larger version

Name:	hearts.jpg
Views:	3666
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	679423   Click image for larger version

Name:	toshiba book place.jpg
Views:	3559
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	679424  

Click image for larger version

Name:	toshiba polar clock.jpg
Views:	3399
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	679425   Click image for larger version

Name:	asus weather.jpg
Views:	3821
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	679426   Click image for larger version

Name:	solitarie.jpg
Views:	3645
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	679428  
6th August 2011, 03:42 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Flag Bklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Ok, thanks for your very very quick reply.
6th August 2011, 04:57 PM   |  #14  
krips2003's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 114
 
630 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGarrett

Hey is it possible to get the File Manager from the Toshiba Thrive? I have both the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Toshiba Thrive. I would like the file manager app from the Thrive installed and working on my 10.1

thnx

There you go.
Attached Files
File Type: apk FileManager.apk - [Click for QR Code] (514.0 KB, 1131 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krips2003 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2011, 05:36 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Flag Bklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
hey thanks for the file., it works perfectly. I have another question. I took the contacts.apk from my Toshiba Thrive, if I install it on my 10.1 will I have:

A. two contacts apps, the touch wiz version I currently have AND the stock 3.1 version
B. one contacts app because the touch wiz version will be over written (incl the icon?)
C. a total disaster so I better not even try it.

Im a noob to Android, Im coming from iOS.

thnx.
6th August 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #16  
krips2003's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 114
 
630 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGarrett

hey thanks for the file., it works perfectly. I have another question. I took the contacts.apk from my Toshiba Thrive, if I install it on my 10.1 will I have:

A. two contacts apps, the touch wiz version I currently have AND the stock 3.1 version
B. one contacts app because the touch wiz version will be over written (incl the icon?)
C. a total disaster so I better not even try it.

Im a noob to Android, Im coming from iOS.

thnx.

If you are rooted, then use root explorer or something like it, and rename the TW contact.apk to something like contact.apk.bak. Then install the new contact.apk. If it works, good for you if not then remove it and rename the backed up to the original name.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App
7th August 2011, 12:02 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Would be nice if you could please preview the widgets in this post before downloading it.

Thanks.
7th August 2011, 12:41 AM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I'm still new at this. Where exactly is the app folder to push the Asus Email Widget to?
7th August 2011, 01:27 AM   |  #19  
b00sted's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mount Morris NY
Thanks Meter: 872
 
1,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitemask

I'm still new at this. Where exactly is the app folder to push the Asus Email Widget to?

use a app like root explorer and copy the asus email widget from the sdcard folder to system/app folder
7th August 2011, 01:29 AM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Flag Bklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 16
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krips2003

If you are rooted, then use root explorer or something like it, and rename the TW contact.apk to something like contact.apk.bak. Then install the new contact.apk. If it works, good for you if not then remove it and rename the backed up to the original name.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

Im unRooted at the moment, I want to learn as much about it as I can before I attempt it (like I did in 09' with my first iphone and now Im a pro :)

I saw a video which made it look very very easy.

can I still root with touch wiz? will rooting remove it and I have to reinstall it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes