Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stay Awake

OP ScottyDoesKnow

6th August 2011, 06:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?
6th August 2011, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag coppell
Thanks Meter: 158

928 posts
More
The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
6th August 2011, 10:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 135

818 posts
More
I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.
6th August 2011, 05:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreshjoker

The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Unfortunately that would leave the screen on all the time, not just when plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoon1218

I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.

Mostly for in my car, I have a dock, car charger and audio over radio device. Having to do a passworded unlock to change songs is fairly dangerous while driving.
12th August 2011, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2

265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoesKnow

Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?

In the Market, get Caffeine. Works great. No problems.
12th August 2011, 12:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 770

1,518 posts
More
why is this in the themes/apps section?
12th August 2011, 01:18 AM   |  #7  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 135

818 posts
More
I can't speak for radio, but maybe Car Home might work for music.
12th August 2011, 02:27 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tacoma Washington
Thanks Meter: 37

270 posts
More
Last edited by wrecless; 15th August 2011 at 12:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread