XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stay Awake

Tip us?

ScottyDoesKnow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stay Awake

Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?

phreshjoker
Old
Thanks Meter 158
The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

bkoon1218
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.
Carrier: T-Mobile
Device: Nexus 4 (4.2.2)

ScottyDoesKnow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreshjoker View Post
The display setting in settings go to something that has tk do with backlight timing and just put never

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
Unfortunately that would leave the screen on all the time, not just when plugged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoon1218 View Post
I'm just curious, why would you want to do that? I'm not a battery expert, but your battery should theoretically charge slower while your screen is on. Aside from probably prolonging charging time, keeping your screen on while your charge might even heat up your phone too.
Mostly for in my car, I have a dock, car charger and audio over radio device. Having to do a passworded unlock to change songs is fairly dangerous while driving.

mr.incredible
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoesKnow View Post
Alright, so I used to have a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (3G). The "Stay Awake" (while charging) setting would keep resetting itself to not stay awake while charging. I figured it was a ROM bug or an SD card bug or whatever...

So I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S 4G, I'm using the Audiophile ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161553), and the "Stay Awake" option still won't stay on. Every single time I restart the option resets itself to not stay awake. Anyone have an idea what's going on or how to fix it?
In the Market, get Caffeine. Works great. No problems.
T•MobileUSA
Samsung Galaxy S 4G - Ultragen ICS...

• If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

jager555
Old
Thanks Meter 770
why is this in the themes/apps section?
If I helped you, the thanks button is very much appreciated.

bkoon1218
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I can't speak for radio, but maybe Car Home might work for music.
Carrier: T-Mobile
Device: Nexus 4 (4.2.2)

wrecless
Old
(Last edited by wrecless; 15th August 2011 at 11:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36