3.2 WiFi problem...My findings. May help you.
Great discussion from the following thread:
Thanks to know Static IP can temporary solve the connection problem.
BUT I found somethings:
1. A lot of 3.1 users upgraded to 3.2, BUT NOT ALL Users report such WiFi (grey icon / disconnect irregularly) problem.
2. A lot of people use DHCP, lot of lot users have no such problem. Some of us posted here are annoying with such WiFi problem, however, static IP can help.
3. Therefore the problem relates DHCP and Static IP.
1. Maybe most of us (with WiFi problem) used DHCP BUT with IP reservation (I use reservation).
2. Most users (without WiFi problem (my friend's TF doesn't have grey problem)) use only the DHCP without IP reservation.
My testing and result:
1. Firstly, I disable the IP reservation (192.168.1.11) for the TF
2. Then set the DHCP range to 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.8 (1-7 for other devices)
3. Then I set the TF to DHCP
4. Finally, TF gets the 192.168.1.8
5. Then I use File Manager HD to get a 619MB file from my desktop to TF (Two times testing)
6. Wow, it's SMOOTH!!! Before DHCP with IP reservation...only can download around 100MB then disconnected. Now, no more disconnection
My conclusion (or you may try too):
With 3.2, don't set your router to have IP reservation with your TF, just set DHCP, MAC mapping (it's fine, no problem, WPA2-PSK (it's fine too).
Bros and Sis, if your TF faces WiFi problem after upgrading to 3.2, you may try my solution.
If your TF and router work well again with DHCP without IP reservation, my prediction is correct.
If my prediction is correct, please spread this message, to let TF fans, Xoom, Asus, Google to know it!
Please help to try and use back your DHCP.