Ask a question

No registration required

How to unbrick HTC Sensation ??????????

OP Woody01

6th August 2011, 10:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

5 posts
First of all thanks for this great forum !!!!

This will be my first post. I have to thank all developers to get the sensation s-off.

I made a stupid mistake with the eng hboot. I played a little round and typed

"fastboot oem fdisk erase_emmc.

Now Phone is completly dead and bricked. Can not power on and no charging.

But it must be possible to bring the sensation back to life. I downloades QPST an drivers and see, that the device is in download mode.

I tried cdma workshop and DFS CDMA Tool too.

Can somebody make a dump with QPST and backuo the nv file and firmware image to unbrick the sensation.

Please no commands why I have done this. I said it before. I have no second sensation to try it by myself.

Has anyone an idea ??? (without to send it back or jtag flash)

Thank you for any help.

Kindly regards Woody01

Sorry for bad English
Last edited by Woody01; 6th August 2011 at 11:27 PM.
6th August 2011, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

567 posts
Send me the commands and i do it for you!

No comment on what you have done
6th August 2011, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 66

381 posts
More
I'm sorry man, but we can't help you. Once you erase something like that, it's over for that device. If i'm reading correctly, the internal sd card is completely wiped, no recovery, no HBOOT, no / (original mount point). The thing that bothers me, if you didn't know what it did, why would you run that command? That is idiocy at it's finest. The only thing you could do is send it back for a warranty replacement, since it's bricked like that, they won't able to tell you ever rooted or flashed anything. If you do send it back, play dumb, say you woke up one day after charging it all night and it just wouldn't turn on any longer. Once you get your replacement, do not install the ENG HBOOT, it isn't for noobs for this exact reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NikolaiT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2011, 10:34 PM   |  #4  

567 posts
Download mode could be a mode where it wait for flash ... keep it off until someone comes with ideas....
The Following User Says Thank You to xtcislove For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2011, 10:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Thank you for your answers but I expectet such replies.

It must be possible to bring it back. In QPST you have the ability to flash back the Multi-Image file. But i am missing the the phon image hex and boot hex. I think if someone make a backup from the Multi-Backup and NV file we could unbrick it.

For the Galaxy S someone wrote at tool (One click unbrick). There will be everything restored. (partition, boot, etc).

Is someone interestet to help me trying this ????

Kindly regard Woody01
6th August 2011, 10:45 PM   |  #6  

567 posts
I say again tell me how i do it .... backing up should be no problem for a device
6th August 2011, 10:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
@xtcislove

First of all you must dwonload QPST (I found it by google). I have version 2.7 buil 355.
You need the QHSUSB Drivers. I found the drivers on google. I think the phone must be in diag mode. Use QPST Software download. There is an option backup. There you can backup the firmware. It will be restored as an qcn file.

To restore the NV File you can try DFS CDMA Tool. There is an option to read the NV file. At that point I could write the file from Wildfire. I could delete it too. I used the free version 3.2.0.0

For Diag mode you need the HTC Diag driver.

It is possible for me to upload these files here in forum and is it allowed ???.

Thank you

Be careful with the NV file. There is your imei and serial number. It would be nice if someone send the file with edited imei and serial.

I need the hex files for QPST. Some wrote in the www something about CDMA-Workshop to get the hex dump.

Kindly regards Woody01
Last edited by Woody01; 6th August 2011 at 11:25 PM.
6th August 2011, 11:35 PM   |  #8  

567 posts
Sry i cant edit my imei etc out ...

and with 3 posts i dont trust you really :P ... sry i think u should ifnd someone
6th August 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
@ xtcislove

I understand you and is absolutly O.K . I would not send the NV file with my emei and serial too. (only the file with editet imei and serial)

I hope someone is interestet and crazy to unbrick the device and help me.

Kindly regards Woody01
7th August 2011, 06:09 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 373

2,167 posts
Donate to Me
More
Get a warranty replacement and don't even S-Off your phone. You obviously can't handle it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread