CM7 pre beta!!![UPDATE: VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

damonsmith666

Nov 5, 2010
Manchester
whats it like???! any chance of some screenshots fellas?
OR even better a video of boot and playing around??

SCREW IT! I cant wait.... time to just flash it!

Last edited:

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
oh man its like being a kid in a candy store/ christmas day lol time to back up then flash this baby!!!

1username4thisforum

Jul 30, 2011
Will this work on international phones?
It will, with limited memory. read the quote below.

eval- said:
@ this page
Major props to Turl and Faux123 and Samcripp, T0d, Brandon, Ibproud, Wes, and everyone that made this happen! =) It's been fun working with a great team like this.

Notes: If you have a SIM PIN, disable it! RIL hack prolly breaks this. If you have data/connectivity issues, send us a logcat -b radio.

Also, if you're using the international unlocked bootloader ('IHOP' bell/pudding) you will have 300m until a dirty hack is released (coming soon) to bump you guys back up...

I am so excited. thanks everyone working on CM for the Atrix!
Dont leave us international 1100 users out!!! :eek::);)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike J and IrshaadH

BravoMotorola

Oct 17, 2010
Is there any difference between this pre-beta and the last build you released last night on your dropbox? File size is .1 mb bigger lol.

1username4thisforum

Jul 30, 2011
A lot can happen in 1 night, and .1mb hehhe

I don't know how people can't wait for a working camera for this.
Not even beta, its pre-beta. lol

But have fun! I'm waiting until it is far enough along for daily use.

thebeardedchild

Apr 4, 2011
A lot can happen in 1 night, and .1mb hehhe

I don't know how people can't wait for a working camera for this.
Not even beta, its pre-beta. lol

But have fun! I'm waiting until it is far enough along for daily use.

Yeah I need bluetooth too! But this is great, now all the kinks can be worked out fast!

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using the Premium XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got stuck in a boot loop, restoring my backup now and gonna try again >.>

maybe you should read the instructions and maybe do a wipe of data and cache :p
    faux123 just tweeted "Atrix users DO NOT CLICK on this: http://t.co/urtPVpH ;)" CLICK THE LINK!

UPDATE: VIDEO! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnU2686jHg0

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS1_OKWq0Fw

*mods, i couldn't figure out how to embed. plz help haha*
    WOW so discouraging, why should we keep going!

"This is annoying"

"Oh this dosnt work like I wanted'

"Why dont they include this?"

Folks you wanted cyanogen, and we are giving you cyanogen, 100% cyanogen.

Grainy screen is not our fault, go bug that on cyanogens page, they are the ones that dont support qHD.

They dont support qHD, so dont expect the keyboard to be any bigger.

WE ARE NOT INCLUDING APPS FROM MOTO, THATS NOT CYANOGEN. Not the keyboard. Not the camera! If the app is there, we have to use it. otherwise is NOT CYANOGEN.

we release this so you guys can help bug it. not to complaint about what you like and what you dont like. THIS IS CYANOGEN! isnt this whta you all been crying to have for months.

An internal memory mounted as emmc is not a bug!

-dearly sam
    So I decided to try CM7...I missed CM7 since most of my Android experience is with CM7 (and CM6). It looks very promising and I can't wait till it is more finished. It runs pretty smooth for a pre-beta and for the most part stable. Here are my observations/experience with it:

1. The already stated bugs (bluetooth, camera (although it worked twice after the first reboot), compass

2. Battery seems to drain faster, may be the fact that I did not wipe battery stats.

3. 3 random reboots in 2 hours

4. I think the screen is running at a different resolution since I had to set LP to 5 rows because a 4x1 widget displayed like a 4x1.5 widget

5. Stock launcher doesn't seem smooth at all, LP is smooth.

6. Experienced smearing with some LP widget after scrolling (mostly the calendar widget)

Overall, this is some great work...as soon as these bugs are fixed, we'll be cooking with grease...GREAT WORK DEVS!!!!!

CM7 random reboots will be solved tonight with a new CM7 kernel release :D Yeah 2.6.32.43 kernel for CM7 is a fail :eek:
    Running fine for me after doing the following:

Wipe Dalvik, wipe cache, factory/data reset, flash pre-beta.zip, wipe Dalvik, wipe cache, factory data/reset, reboot.................watch amazing boot animation.......enjoy CM7! :D