DX2 Flash 10.3 / Hulu Fix
HULU FLASH 10.3 PERMANENT FIX
First off thanks to redvexx over at the Epic XDA 4G Forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1153196
from whose flashable zip file I extracted the files and from his explanation of what his zip update does figured out how we can accomplish the fix manually. He also gives credit to imneveralOne for the foundation of his own work. Many thanks to them both!!
The fix redvexx has posted at the above link is meant to be flashed, which I tried doing using our System Recovery and Android recovery without success. After much trial and error this is what I did on my phone to get Hulu to work using Dolphin HD or Boat Mini browser; I am not responsible for what happens on your phone.
And in all fairness and full disclosure I AM A SERIOUS NOOB here and this is my 1st “I did this so can you post”… if anyone can create a “cleaner” way to do this for god’s sake go for it…lol
You must have BusyBox installed (I recommend ver 1.18.2 or lower because at some point you’re gonna try one of zeppelinrox’s great scripts and that’s what he recommends and what I’ve got installed and it works)
** When renaming or creating files and folders leave off the “_” marks**
- Install Adobe Flash 10.3 from the market and make sure auto update is DISABLED
- In your Browser (I think Dolphin HD works best) you must change the UA setting to Desktop and I recommend setting “enable plug-ins” to “always on” but not sure if that is strictly required
- Create the folder “flash” in /data (as in /data/flash)
- Download the attached “DX2_GB_Hulu_Flash10.3_fix.zip” file to your phone and extract the 5 files it contains
- Copy or Move “s98fixflash.sh.txt” to /mnt/sdcard, then rename “s98fixflash.sh” (remove the .txt)
- Copy or Move “libflashplayer.so” “libstagefright_froyo.so” “libstagefright_honeycomb.so” and “libysshared.so” to the /data/flash folder you should have already created
- Using Script Manager open “s98fixflash.sh”, check “Run as Root” and “Run at Boot” then click save.
- Reboot and and you should be able to enjoy Hulu in your browser without having to pay for a VIP subscription (you will not be able to watch VIP content only the free content). Most people seem to have smoother video using a setting of 288 in Hulu; mine seems to work fine set at 360.
What does the fix do? Well, from what I understand and have read Flash 10.3 recopies the files located in /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib during each boot-up; wiping out any fix that may have been in place. The “s98fixflash.sh” script copies the “fixed” files saved in the flash folder back to the /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib (after Flash 10.3 does it's copy during boot-up) during each boot-up thus putting the fix back on every boot-up. (or I could be totally wrong and just got lucky; see NOOB admission above...
Of course to undo this (say if it gets in the way of any future GB update) all you need do is delete or change the name of “s98fixflash”; script doesn’t run, files aren’t replaced, it’s like it never happened because, well, it didn’t…lol
In closing i hope I've done well with my 1st post and some of you folks find it useful. But if I've made a mess of it my apologies in advance.