Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root - how to?

Tip us?

Rezanow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Root - how to?

While I patiently await CM7 for the Triumph, can anyone tell me how to get this thing rooted? I've owned a G1, Eris, and Optimus V. Each one had a different process. How can I do it on this one?
TMobile - HTC G1 - The good ol' days...

Verizon - HTC Eris - Was so excited about this phone. Turned out to be a G1 without a keyboard. I put KaosFroyo on it, and it was usable then. Amazing, stable rom.

Virgin Mobile - LG Optimus V - Loved this one, once I put on the Bumblebee ROM. Super solid!

Virgin Mobile - Motorola Triumph - Disappointing, but still an upgrade from the previous phones. Running CM7 thanks to Isaacj87 and Genesis3.

Verizon - Motorola Bionic

gerbetta33
Old
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezanow View Post
While I patiently await CM7 for the Triumph, can anyone tell me how to get this thing rooted? I've owned a G1, Eris, and Optimus V. Each one had a different process. How can I do it on this one?

There is an app you install called GingerBreak. It is found in the same forum you posted this question in, just look for it, I believe it is right under this thread, actually. It is a simple 1-Click root method.

Hope I helped. If I did, could you help a brother out by clicking the thanks button? It's all I got
Chronology of devices
Motorola RAZR>LG Rumor 2>Blackberry 8100>Samsung Intercept>LG Optimus V>Samsung Fascinate>LG Optimus V>HTC Evo 4g>HTC Inspire 4g>iPhone 4>T-Mobile HD2>Sony Xperia Play>Samsung Captivate>HTC Vivid>HTC HD7>iPhone 3gs>iPhone 4>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note>Dell Venue>MyTouch 4g>Galaxy SII i777>Galaxy S II T989>Galaxy Note II T889

Sense UI Theme
The Following User Says Thank You to gerbetta33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gerbetta33
Old
Thanks Meter 249

DONATE TO ME
Here is a link to the aforementioned GingerBreak: http://www.4shared.com/file/kJ-skGa5...rbread_15.html

After rooting, go to the market and install superuser.
Chronology of devices
Motorola RAZR>LG Rumor 2>Blackberry 8100>Samsung Intercept>LG Optimus V>Samsung Fascinate>LG Optimus V>HTC Evo 4g>HTC Inspire 4g>iPhone 4>T-Mobile HD2>Sony Xperia Play>Samsung Captivate>HTC Vivid>HTC HD7>iPhone 3gs>iPhone 4>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy Note>Dell Venue>MyTouch 4g>Galaxy SII i777>Galaxy S II T989>Galaxy Note II T889

Sense UI Theme

Rezanow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Damn, I thought that was for a custom ROM. Thank you! I'll give proper thanks when I get to my Chromebook.

Verizon - HTC Eris - Was so excited about this phone. Turned out to be a G1 without a keyboard. I put KaosFroyo on it, and it was usable then. Amazing, stable rom.

Virgin Mobile - LG Optimus V - Loved this one, once I put on the Bumblebee ROM. Super solid!

Virgin Mobile - Motorola Triumph - Disappointing, but still an upgrade from the previous phones. Running CM7 thanks to Isaacj87 and Genesis3.

Rezanow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Well, that was quick. All rooted now. However, you linked something that only put on wallpapers. I had to go find 1.2 of GingerBreak.

Laserbeak43
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hello, i've tried Gingerbreak, Z4, Universal Androot and SuperOneClick Server is down.
Does anyone know of any other methods to root an android??

-edit-
root a motorolla triumph

primetechv2
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Besides Gingerbreak 1.2 specifically? Which is right here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765

There's an "easy root method" that involves renaming the sudo binary in your phone to su... If you do this, it's strongly recommended you install Superuser when you're done.
http://forum.sdx-developers.com/index.php?topic=17172.0

My ROM (hurrhurr) comes with root already available.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1281340