5,603,646 Members 36,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ATTN][DEV] VillainROM and Partners Presents VillainTheme System 0.4.1 [THEMERS ONLY]

Tip us?

ZeuBug
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru View Post
Seeing as signature is left intact, it's not a signature problem. Have you rebooted to check if it popped up after a reboot?

Also as stated modifying apps in /data IS discouraged.
Reboot and tried with another launcher, no success... :(
Hope one day it would be possible...
I had enough to theme each app of my phone...

I have an UOT kitchen battery theme in my framework/twframework/systemUI apks. I have difficulties to find the good files to add to the template (without speaking of xml/png battery files in framework-res.apk).
I have made tests with all files inside these 3 apks.... f...... % battery theme....

Any idea?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

wewoapsiak
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by seshmaru View Post
Updated the template: http://www.mediafire.com/?ugjaj89i5oxb2nh
just make a /data folder in the /raw folder, or if you want to copy over things for /system, just make a /system folder in the /raw folder. can't actually test it at the moment so you'll have to report back on if it works.

Works as advertised! Simply put the bootanimation.zip in the /raw/data/local/ folder and it was good to go. Thanks to all of you for this.
XDA is already at max capacity for snobs, elitists, and know-it-alls; don't become one. Always remember to be respectful, you had to start at the bottom too.

{Insert useless & gigantic list here for e-peen points}

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10596
Hmmm... We might need to remove /data/app support for theming, as it's a horrendous idea tbh, since it will break market signatures... You need to resign data apps, as they won't work with "broken" sigs, while system apps WILL work (hence this theming method works).

So I think what's best is that we remove /data/app theming support, though insertion of full signed APKs into /raw/data/app would be possible... But doing so needs a new sig, so anyone using the old original APK won't see the newo ne until packages database was purged of the old sig...

So summary? If app is on /data, don't go near it

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4
The Following User Says Thank You to pulser_g2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeuBug
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
Hmmm... We might need to remove /data/app support for theming, as it's a horrendous idea tbh, since it will break market signatures... You need to resign data apps, as they won't work with "broken" sigs, while system apps WILL work (hence this theming method works).

So I think what's best is that we remove /data/app theming support, though insertion of full signed APKs into /raw/data/app would be possible... But doing so needs a new sig, so anyone using the old original APK won't see the newo ne until packages database was purged of the old sig...

So summary? If app is on /data, don't go near it
With playing a lot with data/apps for theming, I think same as you.
Not possible to play with that! :(
Another thing: it will be the same bad result with system apps with market updates, gmail, vending, etc... I have also had the problem because almost each app of my rom is themed....

edit: and for % battery theme too!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

explodingboy70
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1568

DONATE TO ME
First off I love the idea, love it.

Now I'm not sure if this is supposed to work on other phones, in my case Vibrant SGH-T959. If it is supposed to work on different platforms can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Heres what I've done...

Decompiled all apk's from the theme I want to use, in this case Matted Blues.
Deleted everything from within the files that I don't want or need including xml's. I did it that way to keep my file structure and names proper.
Next I opened my APk's with 7zip and copied the non-decompiled xmls (basically just the color file) that I wanted to my newly created files.
I then moved all of these files to the template provided.
When in recovery it flashes and tells me that it is doing everything that it says in the updater script. I am not, however, seeing anything related to either of the sh files so no install or cleanup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If my problem is the fact that it isn't supported across other devices then how can I do that. BTW I am running the latest leaked I9000 JVR build.

seshmaru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by explodingboy70 View Post
First off I love the idea, love it.

Now I'm not sure if this is supposed to work on other phones, in my case Vibrant SGH-T959. If it is supposed to work on different platforms can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Heres what I've done...

Decompiled all apk's from the theme I want to use, in this case Matted Blues.
Deleted everything from within the files that I don't want or need including xml's. I did it that way to keep my file structure and names proper.
Next I opened my APk's with 7zip and copied the non-decompiled xmls (basically just the color file) that I wanted to my newly created files.
I then moved all of these files to the template provided.
When in recovery it flashes and tells me that it is doing everything that it says in the updater script. I am not, however, seeing anything related to either of the sh files so no install or cleanup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If my problem is the fact that it isn't supported across other devices then how can I do that. BTW I am running the latest leaked I9000 JVR build.
What works for most devices is simply grabbing another updater-binary file from another .zip made for your device, since this has given multiple1 issues on multiple devices so far.

dully79
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3003

DONATE TO ME
I'm running VR2.4.2 on a SGS2 and after ALOT of playing around iv'e come to the conclusion this does'nt support multiple apk's being modified.
I tried time and again to flash a theme with no changes what so ever.
I tried flashing just one apk mod and it worked.

Unless i'm being a spacker and missing something blatantly obvious can anyone confirm this please?

seshmaru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79 View Post
I'm running VR2.4.2 on a SGS2 and after ALOT of playing around iv'e come to the conclusion this does'nt support multiple apk's being modified.
I tried time and again to flash a theme with no changes what so ever.
I tried flashing just one apk mod and it worked.

Unless i'm being a spacker and missing something blatantly obvious can anyone confirm this please?
Multiple APKs in the same folder?

trailblazer101
Old
Thanks Meter 292

DONATE TO ME
Hmm... I can't quite figure out why, but it is not working right for me.. My framework-res.apk file is exactly the same after flashing....
I managed to do some debugging, and i found out that the file file is actually created, but it doesn't copy it over for some reason...
within the VRTheme folder (which i prevented from being deleted so i could check out the contents) the framework-res.apk file is in apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk...
So i tried editing the install script, all the way down at the bottom, and i changed the code from from cd /cache/vrtheme/apply/system/framework/aligned/ to cd /cache/vrtheme/apply/system/framework/ and it worked!

All i can guess is that the file isn't getting aligned for some reason, so that folder/file is never created, but the script is still calling for it...

Can you please let me know if my fix is acceptable, or if there is something off with it that can be fixed and would allow it to be aligned therefore creating the folder and the file?

-trailblazer101

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA Premium App
Samsung Continuum, The Phone That Could-- With a Community To Match.

dully79
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3003

DONATE TO ME
The layout is as follows

vrtheme/system/app/

*Browser.apk/res/drawable-hdpi
*Contacts.apk/res/drawable-hdpi
*Email.apk/res/drawable-hdpi
*Mms.apk/res/drawable-hdpi
etc.
you get the idea

Looking inside the "modified" apk's in the system/app directory there are 2x res folders, each res folder containing 2x drawable-hdpi folders, is this right