App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] Difference between Clockworkmod Recovery.

7th August 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

139 posts
The title says it all, I don't understand what is different between Clockworkmod Recovery 150mb, 250mb and 400mb? If I flash a 400mb recovery can I install a rom that requires 150mb? If I flash a 150mb can I install a rom that requires 400mb recovery?
In this thread, at the download section.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=908528
It says " 4.X is bigger then 2.X so you need at least a 390mb system partition. If you flashed the recovery with 360mb modded file, you have to reflash it again " How do I check the modded file size? and reflash what?
7th August 2011, 05:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 740

2,300 posts
More
Hello,

The size speaks of itself. Some Roms (like Sense Roms) have lots of components which requires more space from your Internal Memory (NAND) . And others don't, (like MIUI and CM) . And if you flashed a 400mb Recovery you MAY be able to use a 150mb ROM on it but it's absolutely not recommended as the rom may malfunction. and when you try to use a 150mb recovery with a 400mb size rom it will not install . (even if it did, it will stick on a bootloop) .

You can check the modded size by checking flash.cfg (open with notepad)
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvlesz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2011, 10:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,048

9,105 posts
More
The quoted size refers to the size system partition that is created, and the system partition must be big enough for the rom you flash.
Yes you can flash a small rom to a large partition with no side effects,,,BUT you lose the extra space. So a 150 Meg rom on a 250meg partition results in 100meg totally wasted. A 250meg rom won't flash to a 150 partition.
If the rom doesn't tell you what size to use, extract the system folder from the ..zip, and see how big it is, (right click-properties) and add a few Meg.
The Following User Says Thank You to samsamuel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2011, 03:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Yep just choose the size based on what ROM you want to install. You should check the individual ROM threads for instructions. And just btw I found this HD2 toolkit thing very useful. It allows you to repartition to any custom size you want (not only 150, 250 or 400 Mb), among many other things.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1090783
3rd August 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

Hello,

The size speaks of itself. Some Roms (like Sense Roms) have lots of components which requires more space from your Internal Memory (NAND) . And others don't, (like MIUI and CM) . And if you flashed a 400mb Recovery you MAY be able to use a 150mb ROM on it but it's absolutely not recommended as the rom may malfunction. and when you try to use a 150mb recovery with a 400mb size rom it will not install . (even if it did, it will stick on a bootloop) .

You can check the modded size by checking flash.cfg (open with notepad)

How do you downgrade the mb? Like I installed a 250 mb cwm and I want to revert to 150 mb... How do I do it?
3rd August 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,080

2,956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmob18

How do you downgrade the mb? Like I installed a 250 mb cwm and I want to revert to 150 mb... How do I do it?

Just flash the new partiton. This will delete everything on your NAND, so backup first.
3rd August 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,048

9,105 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmob18

just the same as you did the 250, except you either edit flash.cfg or use the toolkit and select 150.
4th August 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #8  
Flag Shenzen, China
Thanks Meter: 394

922 posts
More
i was wondering what the difference between the Blue & Orange CWM

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread