[ROM][Gingerbread 2.3.3] Weapon G2x 3.0_R1 [NEW TWEAKS APP & FEATURES!][10.22.2011]

30th January 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #2831  
Thanks Meter: 63

376 posts
More
Is there a kernel for this rom that supports bln or is there an app I can use to have bln?

powered by bionix
30th January 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #2832  
Flag Mesa
Thanks Meter: 10

230 posts
More
Does anyone know the difference between this rom's kernel and Dragon one?
30th January 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #2833  
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 648

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNyapii

Does anyone know the difference between this rom's kernel and Dragon one?

Just look at the Dragon thread's OP to get a sense of what that kernel has. Weapon's kernel is stock, so nothing is really changed.
30th January 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #2834  
Flag Mesa

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248

Just look at the Dragon thread's OP to get a sense of what that kernel has. Weapon's kernel is stock, so nothing is really changed.

It doesn't really say though.....
30th January 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #2835  
Flag Palmdale, CA
Thanks Meter: 648

2,926 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's the first couple paragraphs...

"First off, big thanks to Faux123. This is based on his repo with a few tweaks of my own. I'll be adding more as we go on. And of course, he's welcome to pull any patches he likes from my github.

Changes:

Added zram compressed swap support. I'll attach a script to turn it on and one to see what its status is. It's not like the older ramzswap that requires a special tool, everything is done through sysfs now. Very nice.

Added zcache compressed cache. This is a bigger win IMO, it compresses any compressible data in the cache. This means you can keep much more data in cache, which means you have to read it in from slow flash much less often.

Tweaked the low memory killer to take swap space into account, but only some of it.... This prevents swap thrashing while the system tries to kill processes and free up ram/swap. I also suggest using something like AutoKiller to set the levels to the best performance for your workload. We all run different apps and such, and that can affect how these things work for each user. There is no setup that is going to be perfect for 100% of users. Speaking of AutoKiller, I have found the advanced tweaks to help a fair bit as well. Don't use the memory management one, it overides your settings for things like swappyness. And the IO Scheduler doesn't do anything as we aren't using cfq. Unless you turn on cfq... "

And since it's based on Faux's you have to take into account Faux's changelog as well.
30th January 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #2836  
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 877

817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Like I said a few posts earlier weapons kernel is stock besides init.d support. All of you complaining about battery life it is probably because you flashed a alternative kernel that does not support init.d. Dragon and fauxs kernel have some optimization but afaik they don't support init.d unless you mod them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Last edited by kwes1020; 30th January 2012 at 05:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kwes1020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #2837  
Flag Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks Meter: 877

817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fml doublepost
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwes1020 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2012, 12:15 PM   |  #2838  
Flag Maiden, NC
Thanks Meter: 61

549 posts
More
Just picked up a G2X not really knowing about all the freeze up issues from the factory.

After looking through the various Roms this seems to be the most stock in compared to the factory build.

Appears that all functionally is there and everything works like out of the box, correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't see anything stating that on the main page.

Also all the multiuploads are sapped up from SOPA is there any other mirrors of some of the optional downloads as well?

Thanks to those who answer in advance.
10th February 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #2839  
Flag College Station
Thanks Meter: 15

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoutures

Just picked up a G2X not really knowing about all the freeze up issues from the factory.

After looking through the various Roms this seems to be the most stock in compared to the factory build.

Appears that all functionally is there and everything works like out of the box, correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't see anything stating that on the main page.

Also all the multiuploads are sapped up from SOPA is there any other mirrors of some of the optional downloads as well?

Thanks to those who answer in advance.

If you want a full stock feel try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1179748
The Following User Says Thank You to sandmanz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2012, 01:55 AM   |  #2840  
Flag Mesa

230 posts
More
You know, this rom really isn't working for me anymore. Every time I watch a YouTube video, it would randomly freeze and then it'll stay frozen until I force close it. I rebooted like several times, same problem.

I thought then maybe it was because it was stock kernal..nope! I flashed Dragon and overclocked it, still freezes randomly. It's such a nuisance to force close it everytime, rebooting didn't work, so I guess I'll have to try another rom.

Weapon was good, I've used it for about 2 months, no problem, now maybe its been developing bugs and devs been too busy, not complaining though, just saying.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.3, gingerbread, lockscreens, rom, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread