Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Insufficient Space for apps

OP Sean_K

7th August 2011, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I'm sorry if this has been asked already but I'm really new to all of this, I recently put the cyanogens rom on my HD2 and everything works fine but for some reason I can't download apps on the marketplace because it says Insufficient Space on device but I have a 16gig sd and 555mb still left on my internal?
8th August 2011, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 27

565 posts
More
go to your apps from the settings and move them (start with the largest) one by one to the sd card.
8th August 2011, 01:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaLod

go to your apps from the settings and move them (start with the largest) one by one to the sd card.

I've done that but for some reason it still says I don't have enough space is there anyway to make the sd the default place where marketplace downloads go to?
8th August 2011, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
More
search the market for app2sd, you'll be notified each time you can move a new installed app to sd
25th October 2011, 07:15 PM   |  #5  

5 posts
Same issue
Im having the same issue. My phone says that i have used 19mb and i have 768mb free on the internal storage. But when i try to install something i get an out of space error. This is the first time that ive had this issue. ive gone as far as wiping everything with task 29 and starting over with a new rom. same issue. Any ideas?
26th October 2011, 07:11 PM   |  #6  
Flag Caen
Thanks Meter: 14

101 posts
More
Try to install a rom with ext support and create ext 2 partition with cwm recovery in magldr , it will work i think.
28th October 2011, 11:01 AM   |  #7  
Flag Урюпинск
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
More
That could help:
1. Reboot into CWM Recovery
2. Advanced\Fix Permissions
3. Reboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread