Guide for DFT - HSPL / RSPL Tool 4 Spark/ Trophy
Guide By : unknown797
Official Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195647
What it does is that it will change your standard SPL (Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo to a RSPL or HSPL.
• RSPL loads on on ram only so upon switching off you lose it and it will return to the original SPL (OSPL).
• HSPL replaces your SPL into the ROM.
Blue = Optional steps or notes
Green = my comments
Purple = woo fun facts/news
1. Power Off, then power on while holding volume down.
(Red, blue, geen and white usb) logo, have a quick look at the SPL to compare for Step 3 later.
2. Open the launch file with RSPL label, follow onscreen next and click next to Flash with RSPL (it will reboot your phone).
Note: I’ve got 3 options to select for the SPL versions, but they all revert back to the middle on so it doesn’t matter.
3. Once it is rebooted it will be in RSPL mode with the similar look to SPL, but you can see the numbers are different and labelled RSPL instead of SPL (shown on XDA).
Note: You can do an HSPL bit here if you like, just open the Install file instead of launch labelled HSPL, when its about to reboot hold down volume so you don’t have to manually power off and on again. You will notice it says HSPL now.
Extras: I’m using HSPL incase they patch the SPL bootloader in the near future. Nothing major really just stops the rom flashing software from upgrading.
4. Flash any Ansar or Release Roms from any country (I prefer Europe release as it has the latest radio version) without a signed_spl.ngb file.
Note: some firmware includes the spl into the rom, so you may want to edit it and remove that.
Extras: This part usually fails as it detects wrong vendor ID.
Attention: the DFS team has also released a Mango rom unlocked, but requires zune 4.8 to run and they modified the boot logo to DFS and changed the start page (annoying!), but its running smoothly… so far; I can’t use the caller ID display fix from advancedconfig tool (naturally that tool doesn’t work on mango either).
6. Optional - Install HTC connection setup xap and change your network provider to VF NZ so that you have the correct message centre details etc..