Originally Posted by Atuljohn
I used http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=945
to update to 3.2. It says wifi only. Also since I connect to an ad hoc network which the stock HC doesn't support, I'm unable to check if my wifi is broken unless I go my friends home which has a wifi router.
-I am using the stock browser. I tried Dolphin but the same problem persists.
-Tried clearing cache, cookies, history and even application data. Even force close, factory reset, reboot
-I navigate to www.youtube.com
from the browser itself.
--> Normal apps can use the internet normally.
-I share the 3g from my phone and my plan hasn't run out
--> I tried uninstalling and installing Joikuspot, restarting the phone etc. Issue is not with the phone. Else why woud only a few pages load on my xoom but on my laptop it works fine.
PS- When this problem happened earlier I was on 3.1 with the team tiamats rom and kernel. The whole reason why I upgraded was hoping this problem would go away.
Ok, you are using stock browser, which means that it is trying to load up pages as a ANDROID PHONE/TABLET which makes pages read funkly because they are not coded for mobile. (Examples of mobile pages are but not limited to - M.Google.com M.Facbeook.com www.53.mobi
and so on...) I asked if you used Dolphin because it has a setting in the browser that allows you to change the Reader to emulate a desktop computer, a IPod Touch, an IPad, and so on. (Opera Browser Also allows you to do this.) I am actually talking to you on my Dolphin Browser at this current moment on the Desktop Setting!
There is a way to test to see if this is the problem with pages not being able to load in the Android version of the code reader on the Stock Browser (as Dolphin and Opera are just a slight copy and epic change of it.) Here is the list of steps --
- Open Stock Browser
- type in to Address Bar, without quotes -- "about:debug"
- Go to Settings for the browser though the menu key (the drop down at the top right of the tablet)
- Go To Debug On Settings (at the very bottom usually)
- Go to UAString (Towards the Bottom) and when you open it, you will see Android, Desktop, Iphone, (or something close to this)
- Select Desktop and back up to the main part of the browser (This will save the settings)
- From there, go to www.facebook.com and if it does not change your url to m.facebook.com, you have sucessfully changed your browser to emulate a Desktop Browser *Please note, that if you are not wanting to do this, Please use the settings in Opera Browser or PDolphin, where they openly state this process in roughly 4 clicks in the settings!*
Please let us know if this helps
and if it does, WALA keep the settings
(or do what I do, get Dolphin/Opera/Firefox and make them the Desktop Broswers and then use the regular browserfor pages that I know are mobile!)
Motorola Droid 2
: Rooted Stock 2.3.20 - Thanks to karnovaran
's How to root the Droid 2
Xoom Wi-Fi Only
: DeRooted to 3.0 and Relocked, to go to OTA 4.0.3, thanks to bwcorvus
's Stock Images
's Deroot Guide
~Walkthroughs To acknowledge~
Xoom Wi-Fi Only (before 2012/1/21)
: Rooted 3.2 - Thanks to jase33
's Xoom 3.2 to Root Tutorial
My Youtube Page (Just Started)
~Soon to come/in the making~
Webpage, Twitter, and Google+